aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Hogmanay bands

Chris

Do you realise how ignorant you are? Did you know that very few people regard technical ability as an important factor of a musical artist or band's importance? Have you ever heard of Johnny Cash, or Stevie Wonder or Brian Wilson? Do you even like music, or is guitar playing like practicing keepy-ups or getting good at a computer game to you? I despise morons with your sad attitude. You should learn to appreciate music based on the soul, emotion and passion with which it is written and played, you might find yourself enjoying artists who don't play 'the most skillful form of rock'.

yes and my passion is play the craziest, fastest solos in the world. thank you

back on topic guys please, the fact that 16 year olds who listen to metal and play guitar think it's superior to every other form of music is hardly groundbreaking. It's always been that way and there's nothing anyone can do to change it.

So the topic was:

Wet Wet Wet suck balls and so do Cosmic Rough Riders. Discuss.

what bout u chris? u not love your metal guitarists?

Yeah I do but I also love my blues, folk and indie guitarists even if they can't play fast or aren't as technical as the guitarists in my favourite metal bands.

My point is that when I was 16 I did exactly as you're doing now, looked down my nose at everything which wasn't metal and annoyed people on the internet by aggressively arguing that because they couldn't play fast they were boring and shit. 10 years on I don't care anymore. I've got a much wider music taste, a healthy respect for other genres and I'm a better musician for it.

Have your opinions but try and open your mind a little or at least hold back a bit on the derision of other people's tastes and you'll find this a pretty useful website, especially as your band got a decent enough reaction to the MP3s that were posted.