aberdeen-music

Guillemots playing Music Hall

Larsen B

Its not the sound system its the acoustics of the hall. It was built a zillion years ago pre amplification. So, stick in a PA and you add loudness to a loud room... Tricky one and I will say I have rarely enjoyed the sound in there. Not the venues fault though and a very expensive sound rig could, these days, probably allow for the acoustics of a space. *waits for a sound engineer to pop up and tell it how it is*

Very few, if any, large venues own let alone control a sound system!

Pretty much true. I remember there was a some griping about the acoustics from the classical buffs maybe 10-15 years ago so it seems that it isn't very good at what it was designed to do either.

I don't know how easy the sound problems would be to sort in there, or even if it's possible. Unfortunately technology can't do much against sheer physics. I suspect, by the number of top PA hire companies that I've seen "fail" in there, that it's outwith the control of any engineer except a structural one.

The Music Hall, AECC and similar venues don't have PA's for several reasons, which I won't go into here ('s mostly). The acoustics of the room is the only input the Music Hall has on the sound.