aberdeen-music

Guillemots playing Music Hall

Larsen B

12.50 without booking fee. I booked mive over the net and they were 13.75 each.

thats very steep to see them, moshulu wouldve suited them fine, can picture the crowd now 'ooh they were nominated for the mercury music awards, they must be amazing'. Not having a dig at the band coz i quite like them but the crowd will be shit at the music hall

• 2 months later...
thats very steep to see them, moshulu wouldve suited them fine, can picture the crowd now 'ooh they were nominated for the mercury music awards, they must be amazing'. Not having a dig at the band coz i quite like them but the crowd will be shit at the music hall

That is pretty much 100% on the money.

It would have sold out Moshulu easy so I'm glad it was at Music Hall. There wasn't any dicks like most Music Hall gigs though so it was good.

Apart from one twat who had to be told to shut the fuck up during their set.

If you want to have a gossip with your mate then go to the bar and let everyone else enjoy the gig.

In general I thought the crowd were pretty dire if Im honest.

I thought it was a pretty odd gig. They played a lot of songs not on their album, which i think worked well to make it a more lively gig, especially the inclusion of Go Away, and the first new song they did was awesome. On the other hand they didn't really engage the crowd, i think partially due to the fact that the majority of the crowd were unfamiliar with about half the songs. Overall i thought it was decent, their grooves were much more obvious in their sound live, but a fews song, Sau Paulo in particular, didn't sound as mighty as i'd hoped they would.

i thought it was kinda hit and miss last night. they were awesome when they were doing anything poppy or focused but alot of their set was overblown and messy. the first song for instance was shit. so bit disappointed overall but there were some great moments. encore was quite cool as well, good to hear the music hall doing what it was designed for.

Anyone know if the Music Hall have any plans to improve their sound system, last night just proved how bad it really is, and I thought the setup for Primal Scream was bad!

All I can say is thank god I've seen most of my fav bands elsewhere! (....and I’m not talking about the AECC ;) )

Its not the sound system its the acoustics of the hall. It was built a zillion years ago pre amplification. So, stick in a PA and you add loudness to a loud room... Tricky one and I will say I have rarely enjoyed the sound in there. Not the venues fault though and a very expensive sound rig could, these days, probably allow for the acoustics of a space. *waits for a sound engineer to pop up and tell it how it is*

Very few, if any, large venues own let alone control a sound system!