aberdeen-music

[GIG] Men, Women and Children + Kill The Arcade + Support @ Moshulu

Jamesy

men women and children...im really not sure... they were somewhere between panic! at teh disco and scissor sisters...

Far from it.

It was a fantastic gig. Kill The Arcade reminded me of a much better and more interesting version of Fall Out Boy

Men Women and Children were great. It was a shame the singer was sick though but he put in a gutsy performance nonetheless. It would've been better if it was busier as they really did put on an entertaining show and it would've felt more effective if there was more people but it was still great and the small crowd did make it quite intimate:)

I asked myself one question after the gig: Why was no one there?

M,W & C play music that covers a good spectrum of genres. There's elements of dance, funk, hardcore and modern pop-punk. Where were all the 'scene' kids? Did anyone know about it bar the 25 people that were actually there?

That gig might've attracted your average Liquid/Exodus/Priory go-er given the right marketing. Where were the people handing out flyers on belmont street etc? (I did see posters though).

I don't see the point of one bulletin from each myspace account on the day of the gig, where's the viral marketing? If people are planning to go to a gig they usually know they're going a few weeks before at least. You don't get many walk-ins (that doesn't include people who couldn't be assed buying a ticket before the gig and just bought on the door as they were clearly going to the gig anyway) in Aberdeen anymore, especially at £7 a ticket.

Why not get a local band in to play at short notice? I'm sure there would've been more than one of aberdeen's many rent-a-bands who'd've happily played or at least a young band getting their first taste of moshulu, heck at least they might've dragged along a few of their mates to bulk up the numbers.

There's absolutely no reason why there couldn't've been 50+ people at that gig.

I asked myself one question after the gig: Why was no one there?

M,W & C play music that covers a good spectrum of genres. There's elements of dance, funk, hardcore and modern pop-punk. Where were all the 'scene' kids? Did anyone know about it bar the 25 people that were actually there?

That gig might've attracted your average Liquid/Exodus/Priory go-er given the right marketing. Where were the people handing out flyers on belmont street etc? (I did see posters though).

I don't see the point of one bulletin from each myspace account on the day of the gig, where's the viral marketing? If people are planning to go to a gig they usually know they're going a few weeks before at least. You don't get many walk-ins (that doesn't include people who couldn't be assed buying a ticket before the gig and just bought on the door as they were clearly going to the gig anyway) in Aberdeen anymore, especially at 7 a ticket.

Why not get a local band in to play at short notice? I'm sure there would've been more than one of aberdeen's many rent-a-bands who'd've happily played or at least a young band getting their first taste of moshulu, heck at least they might've dragged along a few of their mates to bulk up the numbers.

There's absolutely no reason why there couldn't've been 50+ people at that gig.

They also supported Panic! At The Disco and played Give It A Name festival(or was that the same thing?).

im not saying they werent a good band, im just saying it really wasnt really my cup of tea... they did put on one hell of a show considering htey were all feeling a bit ill (singer especially) they were all nice guys aswell, and actually said they really enjoyed the atmosphere of a small crowd, but veryone joining in, like the conga line, try odoing that with a few hundred ppl !!

• 2 weeks later...