aberdeen-music

Want a Record Deal or a Free Demo Review? Now seeking talent...

imgmusic

There are things like these all over the internet. Most of them claim to be freelance A&R reps, who used to work with or have connections with all the right people in the industry. But if they really are, is it really a big deal to pay them $30 or whatever if you're confident that they'll be impressed with your music?

There are things like these all over the internet. Most of them claim to be freelance A&R reps, who used to work with or have connections with all the right people in the industry. But if they really are, is it really a big deal to pay them $30 or whatever if you're confident that they'll be impressed with your music?

Why would you pay ANYONE if you were confident that they'd be impressed with your music?

If your songs are as 'marketable' as they want them to be, some robotic record label will have no hesitations in signing you, chewing away at your bones, then chucking the remnants in the bin after a year, whether you have paid some guy with CONNECTIONS TO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY OMG $30 or not.

So let me get this straight...this lot (IMG) want you to pay them 30 bucks so they can review your music with a good possibility that they can then say "your shite, fuck off"

Heres a deal, any bands out there interested in this, send me a cd and a crisp new 10 note and i'll tell you your shite....now thats a bargain!!

G...

To ensure that only the most promising talent is represented, IMG Music Promotions Inc. utilizes a strict review criteria which is an in-depth report providing a professional, detailed assessment of an artist's material to determine overall commercial viability in today's music markets based on the following aspects of a demonstration and/or finished recording:

Production Quality, Audio Performance Quality, Visual Performance Quality, Instrumentation Quality, Vocal Quality, Song Quality and Song Merit. Music Review Service Also Includes a rating of Artist Image, Top Song Selection(s) and Recommendations.

I am very happy to see that the members of this forum did not fall for any of this bullshit. There are 1001 companies, like this one, out there, happy to take the money off suckers who fall for this kind of pitch.

If an act is good, then people are prepared to pay to find them. Not the other way about.