aberdeen-music

Music for when you shuffle off that mortal coil.....

lord summerisle

Guest idol_wild

Either Everything to Come or An Accidental Memory in the Case of Death by Eluvium.

Or perhaps both.

Both are wordless and convey feeling purely through sonics - I don't want any fucker trying to sing whilst my dead body gets toasted.

• 2 weeks later...

I was once at a humanist funeral at the crematorium and I realised it would be a bit different to usual when there was no organ music but the speakers were belting out Duke Ellington's Mood Indigo at a fair volume.

After some words about the deceased love of music we were told he wants you all to smile as you leave so you will all recognise Blue Suede Shoes and he wanted you to know that he is wearing his favourite pair.

Also at the same place fat the service for Alex Sutherland who led the band at Grampian TV and was a great arranger of music for many artists. Alex's whole band were there and gave him a rousing send off playing Alexander's Rag Time Band.

For myself, my will already states that if I haven't spent it all the money, my relatives have to ring Jerry Lee Lewis and book him to play Great Balls of Fire one more time.