aberdeen-music

Sparklehorse & Smdge @ Moshulu, 05/10/06

Jamesy

Sparklehorse were fecking brilliant, great mixture of fast/slow material. What was the name of the support guy, he seemed good but only caught a few songs...

The support was a guy called Crayonsmith. He was ok - although the "one man band" thing bugged me a bit. There were CDs on sale at the t-shirt stall by him.

http://www.myspace.com/crayonsmith

Fuck me, they don't like you hanging around in Moshulu do they? 10:30 on the dot and you're booted onto the street! Bit of a bummer as there was another encore written on the set list - I presume that's why he asked us what we wanted to hear then chose 2 songs out of the 4 listed.

The support was a guy called Crayonsmith. He was ok - although the "one man band" thing bugged me a bit. There were CDs on sale at the t-shirt stall by him.

http://www.myspace.com/crayonsmith

Fuck me, they don't like you hanging around in Moshulu do they? 10:30 on the dot and you're booted onto the street! Bit of a bummer as there was another encore written on the set list - I presume that's why he asked us what we wanted to hear then chose 2 songs out of the 4 listed.

Aye, apologies about that. Sparklehorse decided to cut their encore from 4 to 2, and go on late for some reason, stagetimes printed up gave a good 15 minutes after the show to do your thing - whether that be a swift pint or buying some stuff, but yeah, they didn't come off till well after the doors closing curfew, such is life. Cracker of a show though, did around 200, which for this sort of show in Aberdeen was nae band I thought.

I thought Sparklehorse were pretty good, but not spectacular, although i was fearing the worse after reading some bad live reviews. It didn't seem like there was a lot off the new album, or it could be that i just didn't recognise it because i'm not too familiar with it. Crayonsmith was alright apart from looking like a skinny Fred Durst. The last song sounded a lot like Interpol.

Greeeeaaaaaat

200 in the door. Damn good turn out for this gig in Aberdeen, I was fearing the worst. I loved Sparklehorse. The music is never going to provide a rock n roll experience and some may have been dissapointed by the lack of audience engagement but all in all, brilliant! The set was pretty much a 'best of' and only played, I believe, two songs off the new album. The sound, from where I was standing, was fab, very warm and pleasing. Top notch!:up: :up: