aberdeen-music

**The Original Wed night Party with Martin Jay is back this week @Bruin(Estaminet)**

Martin Jay

Every Wed from 9:00-2am@Bruin(a tarted up Estaminet with better sound) on LittleJohnSt. next to the Aberdeen Union.

The Wed night party that is open to anyone and everyone without any barriers on either the musical style or the clientele welcome. You are likely to hear the most obscure bearded music to the most upfront dancefloor friendly party classics via:

Street corner Hip Hop, Reggae, Weirdo Disco, Electro, PunkFunk, Balearic Pop, Dad Rock, Old School House, Funk, Soul and many a crate classic.

Link to a recent mix: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LKYSCYSN

Yes....the name has been changed to Bruin...why...I don't know.

The general vibe of the place has been kept, along with the same Dj line up as before.

The sound has been improved a lot and there is a proper dj both under the stairs.

The plinth above the bar has been taken out. The second set of doors as you walk in has been removed and so have the windows, you don't feel so cut off from the main bar area if you sit in there now.

The toilets have been fitted out with new flooring and wall coverings etc...

The walls have been tidied up and some new dark wood paneling has been put in along side the existing brickwork.

The old beaten up couches(that i kinda liked) have been replaced with a mixture of new furniture.....stools, chairs and cubic poofy's that you see in most other bars.

All in all, I think the place is looking quite good and is not a million miles away from what it was like before.