aberdeen-music

Fudge - Moorings - Sat Octr 14 - 4 Bands - woo hoo!

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Moorings Bar - Sat Oct 14

9pm, 3, Fudge Present:

TORO + THE APHRODISIACS + HOLY FOLKS + PARITYS FALL

www.myspace.com/toroscotland

Yes, I am TORO from Edinburgh, Scotland. The gods dreamt me long ago but I have only had corporeal existence since 2004. I take the form of a three piece rock band, all of them men. The very purpose of my existence is to entertain you, my friend and remind you of musical values of old. My music has been described as Frenzied Classic Rock/ European Blues-Core/ Progressive Party Metal/ Doom Boogie, but I simply call it FEAST-ROCK.

Influences: nineties Rock and Metal, Classical, Gipsy, Folk

theaphrodisiacs.co.uk

www.myspace.com/theaphrodisiacs

Three piece experimental, dance, electronic rock from Motherwell, Scotland. Their debut album "This is a campaign" is still currently available in most good independent record stores throughout the UK, released on Edinburgh independent label SL Records (www.slrecords.net). The bands second album is due for release in July. A Japanese release is in the pipeline for may this year. The band had the privilege of recording two sessions for the John Peel show on Radio1 (2002/2004), featuring twice in the BBC's legendry festive fifty chart (no. 49 in 2002 & no.45 in 2004). The band have recorded various other sessions for radio shows in the UK and have also recorded a session for US radio show UPop in Studio 2 @ Abbey Road. The Aphrodisiacs will be spreading madness around the UK and beyond throughout 2006, having already played various locations around the UK and also in the Netherlands.

www.holyfolks.cjb.net

http://www.myspace.com/holyfolks

They say on their Myspace site: Classic folk music and just enough pop to make you think, hmm, maybe i shouldn't have bought that metallica album!

Featuring Stewart Ross & Matthew O'leary, both fans of Folk/Antifolk/Acoustic music.

They add: Back in 1962, Bob Dylan wrote Now it dont seem to me quite so funny/What some people are gonna do for money/There's a brand new gimmick everyday/Just to take somebodys money away. Now you can download him singing it for just 79p

Their influences include Nuetral Milk Hotel, Ivor Cutler, Tom Waits, LACH, Major Matt Mason USA, Jeffery Lewis, Bob Dylan, Cat Power, Johnny Cash, The Flaming lips..........

http://www.myspace.com/paritysfall

Influenced by the places they have been and the people they have met, Parity's Fall are said to be the ideal mix of lo-fi pop and alternative indie rock. Formed at the end of summer 2005, they have been gigging relentlessly ever since. With many various influences behind them, they fuse together different sounds to create a new, fresh sound. Theyve supported the likes of iForwardRussia!, the Hedrons, LadyFuzz and Alamos. With strong emphasis placed on the notion of DIY, band members Matthew, Steve and Alastair are confident that their ambitious dedication will bring them a prosperous and successful future.

• 2 weeks later...

TONIGHT! (sat)

Sat Oct 14

The Moorings Bar

9pm, £3

TORO + THE APHRODISIACS + HOLY FOLKS + PARITY’S FALL

www.myspace.com/toroscotland

“Yes, I am TORO from Edinburgh, Scotland. I take the form of a three piece rock band, all of them men. My music has been described as Frenzied Classic Rock/ European Blues-Core/ Progressive Party Metal/ Doom Boogie, but I simply call it FEAST-ROCK.”

Influences: nineties Rock and Metal, Classical, Gipsy, Folk

theaphrodisiacs.co.uk

www.myspace.com/theaphrodisiacs

Three piece experimental, dance, electronic rock from Motherwell, Scotland. The band had the privilege of recording two sessions for the John Peel show, featuring twice in the BBC's legendry festive fifty chart.

www.holyfolks.cjb.net

http://www.myspace.com/holyfolks

They say on their Myspace site: “Classic folk music and just enough pop to make you think, ‘hmm, maybe i shouldn't have bought that metallica album!’”

Their influences include Nuetral Milk Hotel, Ivor Cutler, Tom Waits, LACH, Major Matt Mason USA, Jeffery Lewis, Bob Dylan, Cat Power, Johnny Cash, The Flaming lips..........

http://www.myspace.com/paritysfall

Influenced by the places they have been and the people they have met, Parity's Fall are said to be the ideal mix of lo-fi pop and alternative indie rock. With many various influences behind them, they fuse together different sounds to create a "new, fresh sound".