aberdeen-music

You'll never hear a better keyboard than...

ghost

nord is cool....

but if i had a budget. id go for a cubase set up.

sampling all the sounds into a vst sampler and running a few midi channels from master controllers..

you could run a whole band (including drums) all on one program into a stereo pair.

each midi channel could have great keymaps. you could mute the keys you dont want on. dump in specific sounds to the certain keys.

and then you just change the song settings and youve got a whole other bunch of vst stuff to pick from.

it wouldnt be that expencive either. just a good sound card and a few master keyboards and drum pads.

its the future i tell you.

unlimited sound!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by M.A.R.T

nord is cool....

sampling all the sounds into a vst sampler and running a few midi channels from master controllers..

you could run a whole band (including drums) all on one program into a stereo pair.

each midi channel could have great keymaps. you could mute the keys you dont want on. dump in specific sounds to the certain keys.

and then you just change the song settings and youve got a whole other bunch of vst stuff to pick from.

it wouldnt be that expencive either. just a good sound card and a few master keyboards and drum pads.

unlimited sound!

o_O

I'm determined to find out what that all means.

Sounds good (I think)

Guest Dresden Style

nord is cool....

unlimited sound!

erm

yeh could be

it sounds a bit like wot datatheives chris (pumpkinman) does

i tried the 'computer operated band' thing when i was doing a lot of dance moozik a few years ago.....but i found the computor stole all me creativity and made me into a data input automaton so i stopped and was happy again using an acoustic guitar and a toy synth to invent songs

it works for some people though and a lot of dance acts have done well on it.....no reason why it cant be applied to non dance stuff too....the ex-pat realshock member does exactly in his solo venture all from one multi mapped keyboard

I would still put my faith in hardware sequencers for live stuff if they were needed with live conventional synths making the sounds.....computors seem too volatile......I also get annoyed with Cubase VST for some reason

But random mad people hitting random mad instruments with no interference from a machine is fun and kinda works best for me at the mo ...cant beat a bit of spontaneous chaos!

Guest Dresden Style
Originally posted by Lester Burnham

Alsooooo Stevey boy, I just realised if baby betamax comes to town on Wednesday, what will I play at le practise?

c'est non problemo

if this happens (woah!)

ill drop of some gear at Toms

the show must go on!

Originally posted by Dresden Style

But random mad people hitting random mad instruments with no interference from a machine is fun and kinda works best for me at the mo ...cant beat a bit of spontaneous chaos!

Mad eh?

Okay I sometimes begin to sing baa baa black sheep and make pirate noises at practise... but I'm not that mad... Oh wait... Dan... gotcha ;)

I must admit our random jabbings to create, scrap and re-create is a fun method of making music.

meh, different things, different people...

I'd probably be up for trying some computerised stuff, but in a different project me thinks. Then I get the best of both worlds.

Le Shocks, Le Madness, Le Chaos, and Dan's hair.

RAWK!

the 1980s x computers x m.a.r.t + lester = ???

= "tubular" hair cuts, synth madness, cheesy things and quite possibly the best clothing this country will ever see.

Mix alcohol and I'll dance too. I'll dance my merry dance.

Oooooooh yes.

I bugsie wearing the bandana!

Although saying that, Del, Dresden and a smidgen of influence from an Ex taught me all that I know (not much).

However, I do look good with the shocks gear on... not being egotistical, but I do.

So if anything, I'm an excellent stage prop. Gaffer tape is acceptable, as are slick hair do's and much hair spray.... clink clink.

(Btw Steve, Mel has offered to be gaffer taped to a chair as a stage prop for the moorings gig - should we need her. Though she's requested being plonked next to me. What is it with people liking the idea of mixing me with gaffer tape?)