aberdeen-music

Anyone been to Amsterdam lately...?

fi_miller

hey gringo. dont you think Mexico would cost a tad more than amsterdam?? anyway ive been saving for a good while now so thats how i have the cash. me....saving....now thats something i'd never thought i'd say. maybe you should pay for gringo to go away on vacation back to Mexico? i think he would enjoy that. anyway my dear, must be off.

mucho mucho love

Fi

Got a trip planned to Amsterdam in November for the Gong Family Unconvention :up:

A pal in London was trying to talk me into going to that - I have to admit that the bill actually scared me! Each to their own tho. Have fun' date=' don't turn into a gnome! :up:

We're hopefully staying at the Bulldog hostel. I've heard they are supposed to have the best cafe in all of Amsterdam, but i'll be the judge of that. :gringo:

Dear. God. No! :swearing:

Nice & central for accomodation I suppose but the Bulldog & its ilk are like the Maccy-D's of coffeeshops, cheesy & usually rammed with the sort of braying-idiot tourist you really don't want to meet.

Get yourself out on the Leidesplein & explore some of the streets around there - plenty of excellent independants. :D

KLM Cityhoppers from London City Airport are also worth checking-out for price. :)

Yeah' date=' the crowne plaza is lovely. Not too far from Dam Square either.

Whatever you do, don't stay in a place called the ''Prins Hendrik'' Hotel. You will regret it.[/quote']

...so what's the score with the prins hendrik? the name rings a bell...

what's the name of the hotel where rembrandt painted the night watch btw? that's supposed to be a pretty unique...

A pal in London was trying to talk me into going to that - I have to admit that the bill actually scared me! Each to their own tho. Have fun' date=' don't turn into a gnome! :up:

Dear. God. No! :swearing:

Nice & central for accomodation I suppose but the Bulldog & its ilk are like the Maccy-D's of coffeeshops, cheesy & usually rammed with the sort of braying-idiot tourist you really don't want to meet.

Get yourself out on the Leidesplein & explore some of the streets around there - plenty of excellent independants. :D

KLM Cityhoppers from London City Airport are also worth checking-out for price. :)[/quote']

Yeah i can imagine that being the case with the bulldog. Don't worry though, i'll be going round plenty coffee shops i'm sure :up:

Been working on persuading a few extra friends along to this gig too, but the bill is understandibly going to be too much for a lot of folk. Going to be the highlight of my life so far, for me though. :up:

i think my g/f and i are leaving on the 10th of august for about 3days. sounds like a grrrrrreat city. wooooooo! so excited!

wheres the Hotel Princess Bux?

Fi

The place is called Overtoom!

Central Amsterdam. It's a cheap wee place like, nothing to fancy, no point, I wont remember or appreciate a thing about the hotel.

Bring it !!! :popcorn:

For 'real' Amsterdam you must go outside the centre. That's my advice..

I agree. Try and find 'De Jordaan' (The Jordan), it's a great neighbourhood.

Also be sure to go to the Zeedijk (near the central station) and have a look into the Panama bar. If they have live music on you'll be laughin' your arse off. It'll be in Dutch but you will appreciate the crappy corny-ness of it... And ooh go for a chinese at Nam-Kee, also at the zeedijk. It's the only place that sells genuine chinese food (you can tell by the clientele) and it's brilliant.

If the weather is good go and have a pint in the sunshine on the Nieuwmarkt.

For a good shopping experience go to the Waterlooplein. Great for (second-hand) BRILLIANT clothing.

Off course, you WILL be going to the Paradiso. If you don't you haven't been to Amsterdam...!!!!