aberdeen-music

Reward For Information Leading To Apprehension

Flash@TMB

There will be a reward for anyone that can provide information, such as the name or a description of the person that was foolish enough to vandalise some of the doors in our ladies? toilet last night.

Although this behaviour may be tolerated elsewhere with little or no retribution, we are located in the harbour area and different rules apply. If we ever catch the fucker then I'll have a nice pair of concrete jeans tailor made and will enjoy watching them learn to breathe water. Get the drift?

Seriously, if you have any information relating to this then PM me and there will be something in it for you. And them.

Flash

heh heh

The doors are a special design. The usual method for vandalising a toilet door is to enter the cubicle, lock the door, climb over the top, then kick the door in, breaking the lock.

These doors jump of their hinges when you start to boot them, ultimately falling into the cubicle. This saves the lock from breaking. The doors are also quite tough being steel plated, so they take a fair few kicks.

If someone gives up, or is distrubed in the process then the doors are sometimes left just on the hinge and no more, the next time someone opens it, whallop! That's probably what you experienced.

We had 3 doors attacked during the course of the night - one of them twice. There was no lasting damage, and I only had to tighten a couple of screws. The screws are also designed to fail before the lock, or hinge, so worst case scenario I have to replace a screw.

A similar attack was carried out on our opening Friday. Provided this person continues to attack the doors, then sooner or later we'll catch up with them - it's only a matter of time.

The tapes from both nights showing who headed into the toilets prior to the attack have helped us narrow it down, so hopefully once more and we've got the fucker. I'm guessing that the same person is responsible for breaking the locks in the ladies at HJBs and Moshulu, so I'm sure Robb will be interested in the outcome... Never mind there's always the Schooner for them to drink in.

BTW Simon - the tape also shows you 'apparently' entering the ladies (either that or visiting the cleaning cupboard for 27mins) a week ago Friday night whilst OFF duty. Please refrain from doing this in future!

Flash

• 2 months later...

more to the point

You have spent thousands on toilets which are a disgrace.How about providing taps that work,and not those shit ones that you push and get soaked whilst trying to clean your hands one at a time,WHAT ABOUT PAPER TOWELS!,AND A SOAP DISPENSER?,I expect the ladies especially to be as pristine at least as the bogs at work,but, in DR DRAKES and THE MOORINGS,and DRUMMONDS the toilets have been a fucken stinky shambles for years,and a a punter feel really cheated that after paying for two people to get in ,we have to go somewhere else to use civilised bogs.Any tourists must think Aberdeen is a real shit hole if the pubs can't even get running water in order.USE MY DOOR FEE TO PAY FOR THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS NEEDED IN TOILETS,I will NOT grass you off to the Environmental health NatZis,but some nasty person might.JUST GET IT SORTED and stop whinging about arseholes making the BOGS marginally shitter than they are.

I take it you are the same person that approached me on this subject after the Pills gig...

To address your points 1 at a time:

How about providing taps that work' date='and not those shit ones that you push and get soaked whilst trying to clean your hands one at a time.[/quote']

The reason the taps are push operated is because otherwise some areshole would leave it running after first blocking the sink with toilet roll. We currently have a problem with the water pressure in out gents taps and are in dispute with the builders regarding this.

WHAT ABOUT PAPER TOWELS!

Assholes block the toilets with those. Occasionally they attempt to set fire to them. Hence we have hot air dryers.

AND A SOAP DISPENSER?.

Soap dispensers get kicked off the wall. Therefore we provide little bars of soap.

I expect the ladies especially to be as pristine at least as the bogs at work' date='but, in THE MOORINGS the toilets have been a fucken stinky shambles for years,and a a punter feel really cheated that after paying for two people to get in ,we have to go somewhere else to use civilsed bogs.[/quote']

I will acknowledge that before the rennovations our toilets were terrible. Now they are very nice for a harbour bar. The ladies certainly do not smell, and could hardly be described as a shambles.

Any tourists must think Aberdeen is a real shit hole if the pubs can't even get running water in order.

Obviously you haven't travelled very far.

USE MY DOOR FEE TO PAY FOR THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS NEEDED IN TOILETS' date='I will NOT grass you off to the Environmental health NatZis,but some nasty person might.[/quote']

Your door fee goes to the promoter, not the bar. We don't see a penny of it.

The enviromental health did previously require that we improved our toilets, and our rennovations have done so to their satisfaction. So feel free to complain. Call their switchboard on 01224 522000.

JUST GET IT SORTED and stop whinging about arseholes making the BOGS marginally shitter than they are.

Tell you what... how about we invite 200 randoms round to your house next Friday for a 13 hour party. Let's see what condition your toilet is in afterwards?

Now to address your verbal point on the presumed lack of toilet seats. Our toilet bowls are one piece stainless models. The seat is incorporated into the design. The reason for this is that it's more hygenic, ask the EH about this when you call them. It's also easier for the punter to wipe clean with toilet paper before using if so desired. The downside is that they feel cold for the first second when your arse touches down.

Anything else?

Toilets.

To say that the Moorings toilets are a "Fucking Disgrace" is a bit unfair since they have been done up and look pretty clean these days. Ok, on a busy night they run out of bog-roll but you only have to ask at the bar for one, and if the soap run out then hey, who uses it anyway! :O

The worst I've seen in there is a fake poo in the urinal placed by some childish joker. :laughing:

Compare the toilets to the likes of Drakes, Belmont Bar, Drummonds, Siberia, Peep Peeps and you'll be soon be nipping in to the Moorings for an afternoon dump.

Carl

• 1 month later...

The urinal splash guard has at long last been fitted to the gents urinal. This should keep the pish off the floor and off the trousers, shoes etc.

The taps in the gents are now working correctly. The taps in both toilets require a firm push.

A pipe guard has also been fitted to the gents. Only a little row of tiles still to come along the bottom of the gents urinal and we're done.

Guest Laura@TMB
Ain't that the truth!! Coldest darned toilet I ever did sit on! Soon warms up mind :)

Any particular reason for the lighting in the cubicle as well? Anti-drugs I have been told?

Kind of, also when you've got a rubber-glove clad hand stuck down the bowl trying to clear a blockage at 1.30 in the morning, it saves you have to see what's in there too well :help:

Oh, and we just like coloured lights too.