aberdeen-music

Jarvis Cocker solo on myspace

Larsen B

He's put up his first material under his own name on myspace. He put it up to coincide with it being a year since Live 8. Sounds like a more polished ballad in a His and Hers style to me and is pretty decent, although doesn't really reach it's peak until about 3 minutes in. Can't stop singing "cunt's are still running the world", much to my sister's disgust.

Guh:down:

I gave this a listen hoping it would be a bit more interesting than Pulp, however i still can't get past his arrogance, and i still find his voice fairly irritating. Plus the whole 'cunt's are still running the world' bit is just trite.

Musically on the other hand, i do quite like it.

Guh:down:

I gave this a listen hoping it would be a bit more interesting than Pulp' date=' however i still can't get past his arrogance, and i still find his voice fairly irritating. Plus the whole 'cunt's are still running the world' bit is just trite.

Musically on the other hand, i do quite like it.[/quote']

I agree about the the triteness of "cunts are still running the world", but to suggest Pulp aren't interesting!!! 8o

I agree about the the triteness of "cunts are still running the world"' date=' but to suggest Pulp aren't interesting!!! 8o[/quote']

I know, i know. I guess i just didn't 'get' them. I think it was more my dislike for Jarvis Cocker as a person that put me off. I have the same feelings about The Divine Comedy.

I know' date=' i know. I guess i just didn't 'get' them. I think it was more my dislike for Jarvis Cocker as a person that put me off. I have the same feelings about The Divine Comedy.[/quote']

Haha, ironically i'm just starting to appreciate the Divine Comedy.