aberdeen-music

Birthday Party advice sought

Guest Mr Blastcap

Guest Mr Blastcap

Hey, i just got hold of a live album of some Birthday Party stuff from circa 1981/92 from e-music, its dead good, i was familiar with the works 0f Nick Cave but this has really pleased me. As a late comer to this band anyone got any recommendations for which Birthday Party cd's to check out? and are they going cheap at Fopp, ahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa!

Everything they did is essential. Including the Peel session releases. Funnily enough theres a fantastic track that was on the B side of RELEASE THE BATS called BLAST OFF. Im sure its on a best of compo. Blast cap - Blast off geddit?! Cave does a 25 second scream that you will no doubt appreciate. I need to go and play it now.

Guest Mr Blastcap
Everything they did is essential. Including the Peel session releases. Funnily enough theres a fantastic track that was on the B side of RELEASE THE BATS called BLAST OFF. Im sure its on a best of compo. Blast cap - Blast off geddit?! Cave does a 25 second scream that you will no doubt appreciate. I need to go and play it now.

top tip that, i'll be hunting that down to use as my theme song for "blast off with blastcap" the pod cast. whatever the fuck a podcast is.........................

Guest Mr Blastcap
I thought you were actually after advice about throwing a birthday party. I was gonna suggest the Mill of Mundurno and a bouncy castle.

usually i go to storybook Glenn with a carryout and a suitcase of chemicals for that kind of birthday party.

if you're feeling flush then try to track down this box set (which I have!) -

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=340492

1. Hee Haw - Original 'Boys Next Door' EP plus the following 'The Birthday Party' Album - LINK7

2. Prayers On Fire - Original album plus extra tracks from the same sessions LINK14

3. Junkyard - plus the single Release The Bats / Blast Off - LINK21

4. It's Still Living - Recorded Live - LINK28

5. Drunk On The Pope's Blood - Original UK live tracks Plus extra studio material - LINK29

Guest Mr Blastcap

1. Hee Haw - Original 'Boys Next Door' EP plus the following 'The Birthday Party' Album - LINK7

2. Prayers On Fire - Original album plus extra tracks from the same sessions LINK14

5. Drunk On The Pope's Blood - Original UK live tracks Plus extra studio material - LINK29

that looks tidy as fuck!, obviously e-bay will be my first port of call as a complete skinflint.

Guest bluesxman

I have that! I really like the Hee Haw disc. Recently got hold of The Boys Next Door's CD it's not too bad really but much easier going than BP.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Blastcap

being a thrift shop addict finally paid off the other day, got Junkyard for 1 and vintage Parka for 3. awesome. i'm listening to it now in me Parka. its a bit hot though.