aberdeen-music

So....

I've got a single channel marshall amp, but play music with a lot of big changes between quiet and full on rock, I've been using a shredmaster + a compressor to get enough gain.

But, sadly the Shredmaster is leaving and the switches on all my other pedals are broken, so I'm going to cough some cold hard credit card cash on something new.

I'm thinking of the BEST sort of distortion I can get. I wanna go from the classic rock sound of my marshall to soemthing more modern. I can work the volume knob sure, but I wanna have huge dynamic changes.

I'm looking at Mesa Boogie Bottle Rockets or V-Twin pedals.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm looking for totally shit yourself pedal that sounds so fucking good all the girls are taking of their pants cos they won't soak up any more liquids and they're wiping on my guitar neck kind of orgasmic good. I know all about the Boss and Marshall pedals. Anyone know of some good sound samples for the effect a tubescreamer has? Or maybe a MXR distortion+ or Micro amp? I hear soldano have something that will suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Anyone know anything about that?

id go and ask over in the forums (more specifically the effects forum) at www.harmony-central.com they will be able to help you for sure

i would check out www.robertkeeley.com, he mods pedals (and makes some of hs own) like tubescreamers and boss distortions, and from what i have heard, does some bloody amazing stuff, he will sell premodded pedals, or you can send him in your own to get modded

David

David

I was running a Shredmaster and a marshall compressor together. Got too noisy.

That's why I'm maybe looking at a pedal with two channels - like the V-Twin or maybe a Jekyll + Hyde thing (i was playing with ya!). You get a double RAT thing as well.

I was actaully looking for people who have used them's experiences. Might go check out harmony central reviews.

• 2 weeks later...