aberdeen-music

Rockers?

Sam 45

Anybody ever played a gig there?

If so' date=' want to shed some information on what it is like ect?

Cheers[/quote']

Jo played there last year, a reasonable venue, nice vibe, very much a rock pub, reasonab;e size, maybe 200 people capacity, nice beers and it has tables round the side and in the middle towards the back, but has a reasonable dance floor, all in all a pretty good venue for heavier stuff, though her acoustic stuff also went down well.

Cheers

Stuart

Jo played there last year' date=' a reasonable venue, nice vibe, very much a rock pub, reasonab;e size, maybe 200 people capacity, nice beers and it has tables round the side and in the middle towards the back, but has a reasonable dance floor, all in all a pretty good venue for heavier stuff, though her acoustic stuff also went down well.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Cheers for the advice. Messaged them back and turns out the gig offer is pay to play. All a bit pointless now.

avoid it liek the fuckign plague, in house promoter is a fucking cock. will rip you off at all opportunity and is far mor einterested in makign money than how your gig goes

my advice for first time shows outta town.....

gig swap, find a band you like and swap gigs together. you will get a better crowd, you will get pai more and you will have a better night overall.

places like rockers should die in hell

avoid it liek the fuckign plague' date=' in house promoter is a fucking cock. will rip you off at all opportunity and is far mor einterested in makign money than how your gig goes

my advice for first time shows outta town.....

gig swap, find a band you like and swap gigs together. you will get a better crowd, you will get pai more and you will have a better night overall.

places like rockers should die in hell[/quote']

Talents: Making stone-cold logic points while typing too fast and having the deadly combo of a shit keyboard and no patience :p

Guest lime ruined my life

i still can't get over how people think it's acceptable to offer "pay to play" gig's. If you're stupid enough to aproach pay to play venues i don't really have a problem with it, but OFFERING is like going into HMV and saying

"Can i have the new Robbie williams cd?.....that'l be 15 please"

Rockers in Glasgow?

Decent venue, looks cool and could be really good. HOWEVER

The in house promoter is indeed a cunt. Also the sound is complete fucking bollocks. Everything is totally disorganised.

We came from Inverness to play at 9 with two other bands, told to arrive at 6 and sound check at half past, doors were at 8.30. We were standing outside in the fucking freezing until 6.45 when the guy eventually turned up, didn't apologise, hardly spoke to us, then told one band to take their kit in and the rest of us had to stand outside. 45 minutes later, we were allowed inside. We had five minutes to set up cymbals/amps and to get levels. There were no footswitches for the amps that are provided, and whenever you wanted monitors/levels changed, the guy didn't listen. He was a fucking nob.

Also, if you are just watching, then the barstaff actually wonder round and ask if you want a drink. I was actually asked 9 times in 30 minutes if i wanted a drink by the same person. NO I DONT WANT A FUCKING DRINK AND I DONT WANT TO COME HERE EVER AGAIN

band sound is pretty shady. i saw mangu play there and they're a tough band to make sound good (due to their style, not their quality!) but they repeatedy asked for adjustments from the sound guy who stood chatting to some slack bitch and playing with his phone, ignoring them!!

it is a nice venue but i'd not be in a hurry to play there and i love pay to play :D

/x