Barzin (Monotreme Records) Canada

Delawair

+1 tbc

Doors 8pm

Entrance 5

Atsonishingly beautiful slow music, with hints of altcountrychamberpostrock;

crosses over Low/Tindersticks/Lambchop etc

The latest CD was recorded with Tony Dekker of Great Lake Swimmers

playing a leading role in writing & playing. Also Nice to see a vibraphone player

coming to Aberdeen

Barzin mp3 off latest cd about 5pages down

here

http://www.monotremerecords.com/news.html

homepage

http://www.barzinh.com/main.html

myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48

(two old tracks from 1st release)

showgazers of the world unite & take over

here's some more information, for this lovely evening

Barzin (Monotreme Records) Canada

Beautiful slow, reflective, melancholic, introspective and confessional music circa Tindersticks meets The Red House Painters/Low.

A project that began sometime in 1995, Barzin was a solo endeavor at its inception. But somewhere along the way it shed its solitary skin allowing a wide array of characters into it's sound. From amongst a rotating cast of musicians, who occasionally made appearances on recordings and at performances, three individuals slowly became a fixture of this project. The three characters in question are Walter Kofman, Suzanne Hancock, and Tony Dekker. With the addition of these musicians the sound of the music has continued to remain true to the esthetics of quietness and minimalism. It still concerns itself with exploring the quiet side of pop.

www.barzinh.com

Delawair

are a 3-piece band from Aberdeen. During their short existence they have supported the likes of Ian McNabb (The Icicle Works), My Latest Novel and former Hue and Cry lightweight Pat Kane. Brought together by a mutual love of corks and diggers, they play loud songs, quiet songs and are partial to the occasional mid-tempo ballad. They have no clear direction or purpose other than playing songs for people and concentrating on remembering the difficult bits.

Pete McConville

Former member of the now sadly defunct Jinx branching out in an experimental folk direction encompassing a wide range of influences including ska, throat singing, psycadelic folk, Indian folk and classical music and African music.

I have been listening to Barzin' date=' just as you said Chilli beautiful, will be bringing a few friends to this. Do you know if they will be selling their new cd at the show. If so I will hang on until then to purchase it.[/quote']

Thanks, I think its fairly certain they will have their new cd to sell.

Look out for the upstairs Barzin poster in 1UP, right next to it a

fantastic review of the Barzin CD

Thanks' date=' I think its fairly certain they will have their new cd to sell.

Look out for the upstairs Barzin poster in 1UP, right next to it a

fantastic review of the Barzin CD[/quote']

thanks

ps the posters look really oustanding. a lovely minimalist

design in GREEN, with a diy add on

thanks

ps the posters look really oustanding. a lovely minimalist

design in GREEN' date=' with a diy add on[/quote']

well spotted, we are delighted with the posters, if you go into Barzins website,

there's a whole raft of extremely beautiful pictures, including one that gives you

an idea of how this band looks live.

www.barzinh.com

:gringo:

tasty magazine on line review

Barzin my life in rooms (monotreme)

Second release for Canadians Barzin, first on London based label Monotreme, and what a delight it is. This is a masterpiece in slow, melodic melancholy, occupying similar territories to the early work of the Red House Painters and original slow core luminaries Low. Assured and confident song writing complement its languid mood and the only disappointment arrives when it ends. Highly recommended.

another review coutesy of ROUGH TRADE

combining elements of slowcore, alt.country chamber pop and electronica, 'my life in rooms', the second album from the canadian songwriter barzin, is evocative on many levels. its warm autumnal tones conjure up images of waves ebbing back and forth, its slow pulse creating a sense of intimacy whilst remaining expansive and cinematic in scope. whilst the melancholic nature of barzin's music is clearly influenced by artists such as tindersticks, sparklehorse and red house painters, it also shares a common sensibility with that of m ward, nina nastasia, cat power, arap strap and smog. barzin's songs also have an ambience and richness that can be found on some of constellation records more languorous moments. the central contributors to this album are tony dekker (great lake swimmers) and suzanne hancock, but a number of other musicians played important roles. don kerr, sandro perri (polmo polpo), tamara williamson, lewis melville, and matt verta-ray (heavy trash) all helped define and shape the sound of the album. the lovely string arrangements were scored by karen graves who also arranged hayden's 'skyscraper national park'.

as they are brilliant from the mp's i have listened to. really looking forward to this show.

their latest cd is quite wonderful & wherelse this week will you be able to see

a vibraphone & a pedal steel guitar players in one band.........