aberdeen-music

New Website

No Chilli,

we have decided to strike out alone.

We feel passionately that people shouldn't have to pay a premium for the easiness of buying tickets online. Not many others seem to share that ethos, so we had to create our own system.

It has taken a while to develop but it is flexible - so we will even be able to offer specials that tie in with our emailouts... so it may sometimes even be cheaper to buy online!

Cheers

David

ps - not excited about The Darkness tribute band?

Originally posted by Graeme:

I thought The Darkness were a tribute band.

aye tribute to nothing,

how can the LT go from putting on the best night in its history ie the Mute night

on thursday 28th April 2004 down to a darkness tribute band. i'm exasperated by the inconsistency.

Originally posted by chilli:

aye tribute to nothing,

Yep Tribute to Nothing - I used to like them, but, like Snuff I went off their later stuff...

The website is a great improvement - its nice to see whats on when you've misplaced the brochure !

Diversity is great. Just cos I dont like or rate something does not mean the Ltree should not out it on:cheers:

Dave

Originally posted by ragudave:

Diversity is great. Just cos I dont like or rate something does not mean the Ltree should not out it on:cheers:

Dave

I agree diversity is great, however I draw the line at going to things that are musically

bangkrupt & genarally put on to "balance the books" far too often. I suppose we cant have Mute nights very often, got to keep the faithful mean & keen.

Went to see Yo la Tengo & Gorky's a couple of weeks ago @ The Usher Hall

must have been the quietest gig i have ever attended. The central belt has

pigged-out on variety for too long & got complacent with choice. All I ask for

is better quality music that challenges the public in Aberdeen.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah , pretty good site, but you still spelled Alimantado Alimantada! , but only once out of 3 times is pretty good.

I agree with the diversity,there are plenty other gigs to be found at Dr Drakes,Drummonds,Kef, The Forum,The Moorings,The Blue Lamp,The Music Hall,Henry J beans,etc etc etc,the Lemon Tree caters very well for a wide variety of artists and punters,and it's worth just turning up and exposing yourself to some weird shit, like Yat Kha for a bit of variety.

Is it just me, or are gig prices getting a bit out of hand?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...