aberdeen-music

Ugly Duckling + Giant Panda

Wax

It was one of the best hip hop nights we've had up theses parts in a long time, we could do with nights like that happening more often. Was really impressed by Gaint Panda, looking forward to them coming up again. Was talking to Newman from GP and he said it would be the fall when there back with People Under The Stairs. You got anything lined up between?

How things Won.El? No, there's nothing between now and then. The hip-hop scene in Aberdeen leaves town with the students so doing anything out of term-time is pointless. Learnt that last year!

Instead of Wax being once a month, I'd rather just put on the good shows like UD and PUTS and not have to put on fillers in the months between.

Sometimeas there doesn't seem to be much of a scene even when students are here. I was going to be gettin up the 3x DMC champions C2C up at the end of next but things fell through because of a lack of venue. Would of been dirt cheap as well, with them being over doing the DMC qualifiers in same week they were needing gigs. Pitty, looks I'm going to have to head abroad again this summer to get my live hip hop fix, in the mean time bring on Kool Keith.

I'd like to get them up in the future but cash restraints may see it other wise. If your interested in gettig them some time I could get you there booking details. I know that at the time the Reading Rooms were looking at getting them up as well and doing the gigs back to back over a weekend to save costs. Don't know if they went a head with the gig but they'd probably be interested in doing the same again.