aberdeen-music

Anyone want to sell a mike stand?

Hog

These are pretty good Hog

http://www.studiospares.com/pd_448000_STU%20MIC%20STANDBOOM.htm

Especially for the price. I've seen a lot cheap ones that are just plastic and fall to bits but these are pretty sturdy, very well built. I've had a few of these for 2 years or so now and they still lock up pretty tight. A £30 stagg piece of shit I bought fell to bits a few months later and one that cost even more from Bruce Millers died only a few weeks after buying it (it was a round base stand though, the stand just snapped at the bottom, nice way to waste £40)

Especially for the price. I've seen a lot cheap ones that are just plastic and fall to bits but these are pretty sturdy' date=' very well built. I've had a few of these for 2 years or so now and they still lock up pretty tight. A 30 stagg piece of shit I bought fell to bits a few months later and one that cost even more from Bruce Millers died only a few weeks after buying it (it was a round base stand though, the stand just snapped at the bottom, nice way to waste 40)[/quote']

looking at the pic, the legs seem to be straight, rather than slightly angled so only the rubber feet touch the ground, is that just a bad/deceiving pic?

Seems too good to be true for a stand with an adjustable boom.

looking at the pic' date=' the legs seem to be straight, rather than slightly angled so only the rubber feet touch the ground, is that just a bad/deceiving pic?

Seems too good to be true for a stand with an adjustable boom.[/quote']

nope, tis true - i second everything keilan said, i've had two of these bad boys for a couple of years now too, and they really are good. when lying in bed at night and contemplating what i might pick up in the flat should an intruder come a visiting, my first thought is always one of these things.

nope' date=' tis true - i second everything keilan said, i've had two of these bad boys for a couple of years now too, and they really are good. when lying in bed at night and contemplating what i might pick up in the flat should an intruder come a visiting, my first thought is always one of these things.[/quote']

I take it the legs are angled then?

I wouldn't mind a look at them before splashing cash on stands next time, I'm happy enough with the ones from Thomann, they seem good value, but an adjustable boom is a godsend on a small stage.

Your now trying to lure me into trusting you.:laughing:

No, just trust Thomann or studio spares, for the price it's much better than second hand (let's face it, you use mic stands until they break, there is no such thing as a second hand mic stand).

I've got several of the Thomann ones, so if you get ripped off, i've been ripped off 12 times more.

I take it the legs are angled then?

I wouldn't mind a look at them before splashing cash on stands next time' date=' I'm happy enough with the ones from Thomann, they seem good value, but an adjustable boom is a godsend on a small stage.[/quote']

not quite sure what you mean. the stands are like most of the decent ones in kef/drummonds. the leg base is adjustable, i.e. you can slide it up and down the stand, and the legs themselves fold out as required. and they have booms, too.

next time you're in the area buzz the flat and you can come have a look.

not quite sure what you mean. the stands are like most of the decent ones in kef/drummonds. the leg base is adjustable' date=' i.e. you can slide it up and down the stand, and the legs themselves fold out as required. and they have booms, too.

next time you're in the area buzz the flat and you can come have a look.[/quote']

It looks like the legs are horizontal in the picture, but I'm sure that must just be an optical illusion and they are angled slightly downwards.

Especially for the price. I've seen a lot cheap ones that are just plastic and fall to bits but these are pretty sturdy' date=' very well built. I've had a few of these for 2 years or so now and they still lock up pretty tight. A 30 stagg piece of shit I bought fell to bits a few months later and one that cost even more from Bruce Millers died only a few weeks after buying it (it was a round base stand though, the stand just snapped at the bottom, nice way to waste 40)[/quote']

I just bought five of these fuckers and no one mentioned it doesnt actually come with the bit to attatch the mic on the end of the stand.

Anyone know where I can buy these and how much they tent to cost?