aberdeen-music

Sandi Thom

Ian

Thandi Som

I must say that this is one very well written article. :up:

I laughed out loud several times whilst reading it.

Sandi Thom is rather shite in my opinion...But its pop music' date=' so its to be expected. I can also quite believe that the whole webcast thing was a PR thing in an attempt to give her credability.

But good luck to her[/quote']

I laughed and I laughed - finally! someone who's more angry and miserable than me. He hit the nail right on the head with his vitriol about manufactured sentiment.

I'm pleased that he also mentioned that minker anthem "Angels" by The Robbster - how many times has that piece of diabetes-inducing shite been used at a death-by-neglect, savaged-by-pet-pitbull, or eckied-smacked-cracked-to-death-during-school-hours kiddie funeral???

Sandi's song is shite and I doubt very much if folks in the North East (or on this site) would be as forgiving if Miss Thom came from...oh...Milton Keynes or Cork or Swansea or somewhere not in Scotland???

DZL

I'm pleased that he also mentioned that minker anthem "Angels" by The Robbster - how many times has that piece of diabetes-inducing shite been used at a death-by-neglect' date=' savaged-by-pet-pitbull, or eckied-smacked-cracked-to-death-during-school-hours kiddie funeral???[/quote']

probably not nearly as many times as it's been used at wedding receptions. 'here's one for the ladies' and all that bollocks.

I still have not heard this song. I think that is a good thing too.

You lucky, lucky person...

It's bad, really bad, with a stomp-along rythym that reminds one of sing-a-long Nick Junior kiddie programmes.

The delivery is embarassingly bad, like having to watch your sister a the local gala "talent" show.

Once you hear it though, it'll go roond yer heid like a hairy worm and you'll humming it unconsciously...and then comes the self-loathing.

DZL

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, the song might not be my cup of tea, but good luck to her. Not only has she had a number 1 single, but her debut album has gone straight in at number 1, selling more than the likes of Ronan Keating and Paul Simon. (The Paul Simon album is ace by the way.)

Now I've never gone in for the argument that just because it sells a lot, it's good (Westlife anyone?), but respect to a North-east lassie for what she has achieved. Let's face it, if she'd posted on here a few times and been part of the "scene" then loads of people on here would be crawling up her arsehole.