aberdeen-music

Surely this is why the promoters have their own forums?

Guest Hendrix

Possibly. I'll see how this forum gets on and may remove it if things just get too confusing or if no-one uses it.

Remember most of the promoters do not have their own forums and there certainly isn't anywhere for bands looking for gigs to post in. That is the gap that this forum tries to fill.

Originally posted by Neil:

Possibly. I'll see how this forum gets on and may remove it if things just get too confusing or if no-one uses it.

Um...please sir, can I ask a question? Does this apply to other forums too *cough* Feedback Forum *cough* . If any forum doesn't pull its weight, is it eligible for deletion or amalgamation?

Originally posted by Kai:

Um...please sir, can I ask a question? Does this apply to other forums too *cough* Feedback Forum *cough* . If any forum doesn't pull its weight, is it eligible for deletion or amalgamation?

Yup, of course. Don't get me wrong. I'm not going set-up a forum and then keep it going even though no-one ends up using it. The bands get told they will loose their forums if they don't get used frequently enough and so the same should apply to all the other forums as well.

I'm always going to be tweaking and changing things around as long as the web site continues to grow. Sorry. :)

But if a new forum doesn't work out then Im not afraid to admit I got it wrong and will either get it renamed, removed or merged/seperated into other forums. As for the Feedback forum then I think it is a bit early to examine how well that is doing so far but the AUBL guys have come up with a good alternative plan for that forum that Im strongly considering at present.