aberdeen-music

Thee More Shallows + RPV + The Boy Lacks Patience - Tues 4th Apr 06

chilli

Guest bluesxman
Be consoled by the fact that buying at gigs means the money goes straight to the artistes to enable them to live and stuff.

I think I would feel more empathy if the guy selling the CD's looked more appreciative about taking my hard earned rather than looking as if I had tried to pay him in washers, lol....

I think I would feel more empathy if the guy selling the CD's looked more appreciative about taking my hard earned rather than looking as if I had tried to pay him in washers' date=' lol....[/quote']

I can asure you they were VERY appreciative in a sort of laid back, tired, American way. You wouldn't believe how excited they were at the thought of getting to do their laundry today and getting to wear clean pants again!

Guest bluesxman
I can asure you they were VERY appreciative in a sort of laid back' date=' tired, American way. You wouldn't believe how excited they were at the thought of getting to do their laundry today and getting to wear clean pants again![/quote']

Oh well, I'm glad my ten pounds has helped inter-continental relations by paying for an American man's pants to be washed. :up:

Good gig overall I thought. Another IMP funfest :)

Boy Lacks Patience: Good artist but bores me a bit after a while. Covering 'Daysleeper' by REM was never really gonna go down well with me as it's one of my favourite songs by them of all time and you can't really improve on it IMO. It was much better when Rachie was on cello as well I felt but good reaction from the audience and endearing stage presence.

Ral Partha Vogelbacher: I felt something was missing from their set all the way through, never really kicked in when I hoped it would and just didn't set my world afire. There was a song about 3 or 4 from the end that I enjoyed but very mediocre otherwise I thought.

Thee More Shallows: Now THAT was more like it! Like the previous act but better vocals, songs really kicking in when you wanted them to, powerful drumming. Much enjoyed. I liked the mysterious suitcase as well where you couldn't really see what was happening. I believe the idea that it was full of dirty washing was mooted at one point but if that's the case then it's the rolls royce of dirty washing holders :)

Another good night at the Tunnels! It's getting to be a habit as of late :)

i was sittign with kirk and was lookign at the posters for the upcomign tunnells gigs

"my oh my aberdeen has came on a LONG way in recent years" and "the standard of gigs at the tunnels has improved TENFOLD"

Did you shout "LONG" and "TENFOLD"?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...