aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup Thread

delboy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany England final could be on the cards tho!!

I'd imagine that might be quite hard cos they're likely to meet each other in the 2nd round (being favourites for their group).

I really dont fancy englands chances at the moment. Ashley Cole and Michael Owen are very likely to go to the Cup with very little domestic games under their belts, assuming they can both get fit in time. Gary Neville is just plain shit. There's a bit of a centre midfield issue, in that there are too many players for the spot and the combination of trying to get Gerard Lampard and Beckham all playing on the same pitch without eating up each others chances are pretty slim. I genuinely think Rooney's gonna have discipline problems too, World Cup refs are notoriously picky and Wayne's notoriously stupid...

anyway enough on that bloody lot, I'm sick of hearing how they're gonna fare. I think teams like Holland, France, Argentina and Brazil will be the big guns whilst Ivory Coast will be the big surprise. As much as it upsets me to say it, USA and Australia also look like maybe causing some upsets.

all absolutely true about england apart from the fact you forgot to mention the inept' date=' tactically naive, boring, dull, money grabbing swede whose in charge....[/quote']

i'd just assumed everyone had identified that if sven started picking his team sheet based on premiership performances rather than who he read about in heat last week then England would probably be in with at least a fighting chance...

I don't think Rooney will win the Golden Boot. His Euro 2004 performance wasn't that special. He got a couple of goals against to very average teams. He has improved since then but there are better strikers playing for better teams.

Ronaldinho will be close, Gilardino could get a few. Van Nistelrooy and Crespo will do well if their teams perform as a whole. I don't think France will do well enough for Henry to win it.

Guest neil ex
I don't think Rooney will win the Golden Boot. His Euro 2004 performance wasn't that special.

WHAT? It WAS pretty special, and also consider his age..

I reckon Rooney could be the player of the tournament, and if he is England will do well.

I'm one of those strange Scottish who actually hopes England do well and I think they have a chance' date=' barring injuries to Rooney, Lampard or Terry.

The way Germany are going they'll be out at the 2nd round. Spain will underacheive as usual and Italy will come undone without a fully fit Totti. I suppose Brazil are the favourites but that defence is dodgy as hell.[/quote']

Yeah, Italy really looked shit without Totti against Germany. I mean Luca Toni who?

WHAT? It WAS pretty special' date=' and also consider his age..

I reckon Rooney could be the player of the tournament, and if he is England will do well.[/quote']

He had a couple of good performances against average sides, he was no where near the star of the tournament that the English media made him out to be.

Guest idol_wild
I mean Luca Toni who?

You mean Serie A's top scorer? He'll have a good tournament if he starts games.

Never rule out the Germans though. Home soil and all that. Plus Ballack is the bomb.

You mean Serie A's top scorer? He'll have a good tournament if he starts games.

Never rule out the Germans though. Home soil and all that. Plus Ballack is the bomb.

I don't know how to take that.

It's like you've countered my sarcasm with your sarcasm and now I'm somewhere over there standing next to confusion.

Guest Bob Double Jack

on a further unrelated note, another lovely win at the bookies today on my coupon.

£2 accumulator on:

Portsmouth to win at Fulham

Southampton to win

reading to win

rushden and diamonds to iwn

marvellous

£61.18 back.

on a further unrelated note' date=' another lovely win at the bookies today on my coupon.

2 accumulator on:

Portsmouth to win at Fulham

Southampton to win

reading to win

rushden and diamonds to iwn

marvellous

61.18 back.[/quote']

thank the lord you didnt decide to put money on the four least used words in football 'cambridge united to win'