aberdeen-music

MAME arcade emulator

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Used to have this program on a CD with, as far as i remember, installation files and an executable to run a list style interface from which i could just choose whichever game i wanted to play. went to MAME site today and all i find is about 5 zips of file after file and the only installation instructions as tedious and complicated dos commands for compiling etc. What the fuck? I just want to play metal slug, assholes.

So, does anybody know of a more user friendly installation package, or even a batch file which can take care of the pages of bullshit that i otherwise face having to carry out?

Used to have this program on a CD with' date=' as far as i remember, installation files and an executable to run a list style interface from which i could just choose whichever game i wanted to play. went to MAME site today and all i find is about 5 zips of file after file and the only installation instructions as tedious and complicated dos commands for compiling etc. What the fuck? I just want to play metal slug, assholes.

So, does anybody know of a more user friendly installation package, or even a batch file which can take care of the pages of bullshit that i otherwise face having to carry out?[/quote']

Typical IT staff, lost without a GUI! :laughing: :laughing:

If you are mainly interested in playing Neo Geo and CPS1 and CPS2 arcade board games (i.e Marvel vs Capcom, Street fighter), then I recommend, without a doubt, Kawaks:

http://kawaks.retrogames.com/

You won't spend time pissing around with this emulator as the frontend is very simple, and it also has simple online play via Kaillera. The only disadvantage of this emulator is that you can't play CPS 3 games like Street Fighter III and also Neo Geo titles newer than King of Fighters 2002.

I'v been rediscovering marvel vs capcom on the dreamcast. What a game!

Damn straight. You should hold a MvC2 tourney in Gamestation :p

Was playing PP Hammer and Another World the other day. Even classics like the New Zealand Story and Rick Dangerous still look cool.

Haha, what the hell is New Zealand Story about? You basically just jump around as a kiwi, shoot things with your bow and rescue other birds and then a door magically appears.

The stage music is pretty cool though.