aberdeen-music

My Latest Novel - Moshulu on Thursday

Just posting to highlight this gig as nobody seems to be publicising it. Have seen them four times in the last year and they've been excellent each time. Interesting, quirky, intelligent and with a great debut album just out. Well worth a look.

" My Latest Novel - This Scottish five-piece perform melodic, folksy pop songs adorned with colourful arrangements which utilise violins, xylophones and percussion. Their sparkling, magical music has been winning them fans both throughout their native Scotland and farther afield. Their debut single 'Sister Sneaker Sister Soul' was described as 'six minutes of awesome, wide-eyed folk rock majesty' (The List) and 'fragile, epic and melancholic' (NME)."

Aye I reallly enjoyed them live. wasnt 100% convinced by their myspace tunes but a nice slice of folky intensity live, Perhaps a few too many "Ba ba ba ba ba's" tho!

Really enjoyed playing with Flaming Katy too on the BIG moshulu stage - altho I did break a bass string mid-set :down: so big thanks to Kenetic for their bass lend for last 3 songs. :up:

Cheers boys.

Thanks to everyone who came and saw last night was a great crowd.

I enjoyed Flaming Katie especailly the song in the middle with the harmonised vocals in the verse.

I had a lot of fun as well.

MLN wernt really my thing but they seemed good at what they were doing and the crowd really enjoyed them so thats the main thing.

:)