aberdeen-music

A Mighty Wind or Spinal Tap

flyingsinatra

anybody been to see the "new spinal tap" A mighty wind, if so what are your views, does it live up to its big brother "this is spinal tap", personally i thought it was genius, great cast and its good to see the three boys from tap back in action even if it is with acoustic guitars and a double bass, Harry Shearer was excellent I couldn't stop laughing at him, and "jim's dad" (can't remember the actors name) as mitch cohen was amazing!

A mighty wind or a mighty flop?

Mighty Wind is pretty awesome, not nearly as good as Tap though.

Let's not forget "Best in Show" though, hella under-rated in my opinion - it doesn't have Harry Shearer in it but the rest of the cast are all there, including "Jim's Dad" (Eugene Levy ;) ) Its got heaps of hilarious ad-lib moments, just check out the scene when the suicide jump negotiator is trying to convince his son (who is clutching an award winning terrier) to get down from the garage roof - awesome!

Guest DustyDeviada

Yip. I hired it from Blockbusters, although you really should have watched it on telly the other night. ;)

BTW, A Mighty Wind is available on DVD (region 1) from CD Wow for a tenner.