aberdeen-music

Interesting One

Stephen

www.aversion.com

Let's hope for Oasis' sake, Zak Starkey is better behind the kit than his old man Ringo Starr.

According to the NME the band has begun rehearsing with Starkey behind the kit. The band's drum stool has been vacant since Alan White departed earlier this year.

The band hasn't made an official word on Starkey's work with it, though plans to be in the studio at the end of the month.

Guest Philip
Originally posted by Stephen:

www.aversion.com

Let's hope for Oasis' sake, Zak Starkey is better behind the kit than his old man Ringo Starr.

Pfft, may I just say that Ringo Starr was/is a fine drummer... his playing in the context of The Beatles was as important to their sound as say, the voice of John Lennon.

His drumming on 'A Day in the Life' alone shows just how subtley great he can be.

"Best drummer in the world? He wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles..."

Mind you, Sir Macca of Thumbsaloft is a twat. I honestly can't decide if he's good because he fitted in, or if the Beatles would have been better with someone more inventive. I'm veering towards the former though. A great band is always far greater than the sum of its parts, and they wouldn't have been the same band with anyone else. Yet part of me always wonders...

So much for Noel doing all the drumming then, as he said he would when Whitey was fired. Wonder if he tried and failed, or if he was just mouthing off as usual?

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

So much for Noel doing all the drumming then, as he said he would when Whitey was fired. Wonder if he tried and failed, or if he was just mouthing off as usual?

he did do some drums on the new album but they'll need a drummer anyway for live shows. It's very likely Oasis will be headlining Glastonbury on Friday night just after Kings of Leon.

Still no word on the real reason White quit/fired. I'm sure the truth will come out when the album is released!

Originally posted by Rob:

Still no word on the real reason White quit/fired. I'm sure the truth will come out when the album is released!

Supposedly he incurred Noel's wrath because he leaked the last album by giving a copy to an NME reporter. There was also something about him not turning up for rehearsals as well though. Zak Starkey seems a strange choice, musically, surely it must be just another symptom of the Gallagher's Beatles obsession? They'll be getting Julian in next...