aberdeen-music

Giant Drag

• 1 month later...
I have decided that the Giant Drag album is possibly the best thing I've heard in about 842 million years. I am listening to that and Station to Station constantly at the moment...

It's certainly made me think 2006 is going to be considerably better for music than 2005 was.

I essentially bought the album cos the girl is rather cute, but it's a fab album anyway. I was in Glasgow the night they were playing barfly, but ended up not getting to the gig :(

Very good for an NME band anyway. I allowed myself to buy it as I read about them in uncut or something first AGES ago, thus I can say to myself "NME just copied them. honest."

Not as good as Khoma or Killing Joke's 2006 albums though :up:

I saw the video on TV for "This Isn't It"...downloaded the album on Torrent today. Not normally the style of music I go for but getting more into that..."weird"...pop. Certainly a departure from all the folk I have been listening to of late. Seems like a really good album with some mega catchy tunes.

Gretsch + Girl + Fuzz = b'awesom!