aberdeen-music

Thank fuck for Squarepusher...

Ben AWOL

I got ultravisitor last week...

I am blown away by it, some tracks are just too highbrow, but there are plenty of moments of sublime genius...

It's probably not the best squarepusher CD to get if you have not heard him before, its not he easiest of rides, for sure...

IF you want your basic squarepusher drum n bass, go for "burning tree" or "feed me wierd things".

I'd join Ben AWOL in fully reccomending the new squarepusher to anyone who wants to push the boundaries of their musical tastes.

peep

Originally posted by qzdiablo:

it's a crap interview really

the only thing it reveals about shields is that when he went a bit funny he got slightly obsessed w/ chinchillas

and that sort of banter is just to sell records anyway

Kevin Shields? Records? Have you heard something about the lazy bastard that we haven't? :)

Anyway, I've just remembered there was an interview with him in the Wire about five years ago, contrary to the Guardian's claims.

Totally love the new Squarepusher album - fantastico indeed and agree with the Boards Of Canada and Autechre recommendations as well. I caught him (Squarepusher) at Leeds festival last year and was most impressed although a lot of the people there were complaining that it was disappointing and too much fannying about with his bass.

you shouldn't just stick to WARP artists, there are millions of Glitch / IDM peeps that make good music.

Funkstorung is a must (new LP out soon).

Skam records has a decent "BOC" sounding back cat...

Good to see that people talk about electronica on here, not just guitar based stuff...

I suppose we should mention labels such as Tigerbeat 6 - a great variety of artists on the label - a few of whom are playing down Market Street @ TripTych.

As an aside anyone with an open mind who likes the DnB of Squarepusher et al should try Modus Operandi by Photek - a classic album, perhaps better than Roni Size and Goldie's albums,

Dave