aberdeen-music

4 Schmuk Songs.

Scott Schmuk

I remember 3-4 years ago there was loads of bands playing Kef/Lava with this kind of Funk-Rock/Grunge sound, but most of them turned into 'scream-core' bands. I'm glad to see that someone stuck to their guns. It's not something I'd listen to, but judging by the info on your MySpace profile you guys are around 16, and compared to most of the bands around that age on here who turn in embarassing 'metal', this is pretty good so keep at it.

Tip - Stick with the more laid-back, funky Incubus sound and work on that.

I remember 3-4 years ago there was loads of bands playing Kef/Lava with this kind of Funk-Rock/Grunge sound' date=' but most of them turned into 'scream-core' bands. I'm glad to see that someone stuck to their guns. It's not something I'd listen to, but judging by the info on your MySpace profile you guys are around 16, and compared to most of the bands around that age on here who turn in embarassing 'metal', this is pretty good so keep at it.

Tip - Stick with the more laid-back, funky Incubus sound and work on that.[/quote']

Haha, yeah, I know what you're saying. Thanks for the advice anyway, I've always loved the old Incubus. I feel like we're doing something fairly original, at least up here, can't say I've encountered too many other bands sounding like us. Doesn't mean they're not out there though I guess! Cheers though.

Oh, and to Sam, I'm glad. I like the vocalist too... But then again, I've always been a fan of my own work... :up:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh, we havn't played any gigs in town in a long time. We gave our demo in to Drummonds, The Tunnels and Moshulu but didn't hear back from anyone. That was well over a month ago! It sucks. Maybe they never got to listen, heard it then never thought about it again or simply didn't like it? If anyone has any advice for getting gigs give us a shout because we are a capable band, we're just not really in with the whole Aberdeen music crowd. We havn't played a gig in town since December! This is not good enough! To all the venues out there, if you're listening (well reading) we like playing and we are a good live act so give us some gigs. Go on.... please! This message should have been over about 5 lines ago.

Peace