aberdeen-music

Rare Guitar - How Much?

Mouse

I was just browsing eBay to see if they had any rare Yamaha Pacificas and this beast came up:

18_3.JPG

71_3.JPG

a1_3.JPG

93_3.JPG

Floyd Rose/DiMarzios, just checked up some reviews on it and everyone said it was a great guitar. This also must of been one of the very first Pacificas. Is it worth the 375 asking price? (I'd happily quite pay it)

A guitar is worth as much as your willing to pay. If you think its worth £375 for it, then its worth it. Go with gut instinct I guess. Looks like a very nice clean guitar. Can't go wrong with Di Marzio pickups and the Floyd is a nice added bonus. If you like it. Buy it. I would...

Very tempting indeed. My parents seem slightly objective to me owning another guitar (and this would be my 3rd Pacifica). I just think they are great guitars. My 620 Pacifica 812v is far better built, sounding and looking than my Gibson Les Paul Gothic (which cost 1600 when it very first came out, apparently)

Guest Bob Double Jack
My 620 Pacifica 812v is far better built' date=' sounding and looking than my Gibson Les Paul Gothic (which cost 1600 when it very first came out, apparently)[/quote']

i hope you did not pay 1600 for yours - mine cost 850 if i remember correctly, as it was just a Les Paul Studio with a matt black finish.

GReat guitar though!

i hope you did not pay 1600 for yours - mine cost 850 if i remember correctly' date=' as it was just a Les Paul Studio with a matt black finish.

GReat guitar though![/quote']

Mine cost same too. There's something about the Pacificas, don't know what it is. Still love my Gibson though :up:

• 2 weeks later...
I was just browsing eBay to see if they had any rare Yamaha Pacificas and this beast came up:

18_3.JPG

71_3.JPG

a1_3.JPG

93_3.JPG

Floyd Rose/DiMarzios' date=' just checked up some reviews on it and everyone said it was a great guitar. This also must of been one of the very first Pacificas. Is it worth the 375 asking price? (I'd happily quite pay it)[/quote']

I think it's up to you. I think it's just a little too much for this although is was the one made in Japan, and was a top level guitar.

Guest DustyDeviada
As you like yellow and black guitars' date=' and Gibson's , you should have gone for my baby

[img']http://www.reidys.com/images/products/1134.jpg

YOu will not play a finer guitar! :D

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=1134

Umm, you've linked to a different guitar haven't you? That's the Historic version, it has a wrap tailpiece, reflector knobs and nitro finish for starters.

• 2 weeks later...