aberdeen-music

the official FUDGENIGHT53 thread (EE, WBL, MMW, thursday 11th march @ moshulu)

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest stuartmaxwell

a great night of rock

mmw were ok, sound dint do them much good, most of the levels were a bit urgh, but i was down in the front bit so it might have been cool up the steps, they had some amazing bits but on the whole i reckon they need to work on their songs as many of them had the same duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh, ping! that most hardcore bands have, i remember the maiden-esque song being awesome!i reckon ben should try and test his vocal range a bit too, but i did think they were good, much better than the last time-which was their first gig so cant hold it against them

p.s. i reckon you should have let the music do the talking instead of that thank you bit at the end!but thats just opinion

wbl were fucking excellent, i was bopping man, the second song was particularly amazing, and embrace and consume was fucking great. i loved the drums and bass co-ordination-it was second to none, the guitar playing was rather good too, the guitarist dude has a good techinque and his solos/instro bits reminded me of acdc (??), the first song was a fucking stormer too!they really did come across as living for it!was very impressed

then it was eric euan, i dont want5 to go into how good i thought it was as they are friends of mine, but i will say that they were the most enjoyable band of the night for me, it was a shame that fowk had buses to catch etc as i reckon people were impressed with them, the first song is fucking awesome (something about an earthcore)

the valhella djs were a great addition to the line up and played some magnificent tunes, i remember a progmetal track being played by a band that (after officer telling me the name of) i cant remember

well done to all involved with making it a success and long may fudge at moshulu continue

Guest highroller
Originally posted by stuartmaxwell:

a great night of rock

mmw were ok, sound dint do them much good, most of the levels were a bit urgh, but i was down in the front bit so it might have been cool up the steps, they had some amazing bits but on the whole i reckon they need to work on their songs as many of them had the same duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh, ping! that most hardcore bands have, i remember the maiden-esque song being awesome!i reckon ben should try and test his vocal range a bit too, but i did think they were good, much better than the last time-which was their first gig so cant hold it against them

p.s. i reckon you should have let the music do the talking instead of that thank you bit at the end!but thats just opinion

wbl were fucking excellent, i was bopping man, the second song was particularly amazing, and embrace and consume was fucking great. i loved the drums and bass co-ordination-it was second to none, the guitar playing was rather good too, the guitarist dude has a good techinque and his solos/instro bits reminded me of acdc (??), the first song was a fucking stormer too!they really did come across as living for it!was very impressed

then it was eric euan, i dont want5 to go into how good i thought it was as they are friends of mine, but i will say that they were the most enjoyable band of the night for me, it was a shame that fowk had buses to catch etc as i reckon people were impressed with them, the first song is fucking awesome (something about an earthcore)

the valhella djs were a great addition to the line up and played some magnificent tunes, i remember a progmetal track being played by a band that (after officer telling me the name of) i cant remember

well done to all involved with making it a success and long may fudge at moshulu continue

Cheers for your input dude!!

its really appreciated..id like to say a few things in reply....

To be fair i think our songs are pretty progressive and dont sound like generic hardcore AT ALL! I know the bits you mean and we are progressing as a band with the songwriting and its coming on and getting better!

My voice...well man ive been singing just shy of a year...id say my voice is pretty good for that and my range in the last 4-5 months has really improved...ill be blunt and say..although im not a great singer ive had alot of people who dont owe me jack say that they think its come and leaps and bounds and also that im betterthan a few singers who have been singing for a good amount of time longer....

should have let the music do the talking...? How can just doing the set say thankyou to people?? Im not with you on that chief! I felt it right and i wanted to say thankyou to people who have helped and encouraged and stuck with us....playing 6 songs doesnt do that unless i sing it!

Anyway man...im not being shitty (although people will disagree) just taking on your constructive advice and thanking you and picking you up on points i disagree with....thats allowed yeah?

cool cheers man!

Guest stuartmaxwell

what i meant was, you guys keep on about how you get a hard time cos of who you are, what you say on here etc and yes i agree that you do, and im sure that most do too

i just didnt think you needed to bring it up at the gig,

i reckon you would stop getting flak if you took the shit that gets thrown at you in the face and let it bounce off you, it obviously gets to you guys and its hard to keep it to yourself i know, but i reckon if you keep at it with the mouths shut on and off stage, let the music+shows do the talking people will get over it

i bet over half the fowk do it for a rise, unf you take the bait a lot erk!

just an opinion :dunce

Guest highroller

ok ok i see your point but i didnt actually say anything about people giving us a hard time...i know EXACTLY what i said as well...i did just say thanks to the people who have helped and encouraged...thats all....thats ok isnt it? bands do it all the time!!

anyway...end of!

Im not gonna apologise for saying thanks onstage to a bunch of people that always help and support us....

later dude!

A superb night that just got better as it went on, and on, and on... (last bands going on at midnight during the week isn't the best idea in my opinion).

First time I've seen My Minds Weapon and they were impressive. Nice and tight and the songs were polished. Only criticisms being that they don't seem to have put their own stamp on it yet. To me it just sounded too much like From Autumn to Ashes/Funeral For A Friend/Any Other Post-Hardcore band. But as a starting point and something for the band to build on it was pretty good. Need to let Jamesy scream more though, the first song was ace.

We Become Less were fucking ace as always, for all the pointless talk on here about who'd be better between them and weapon there really wasn't much of a contest. WBL are a different class. But they've had time to get there and there's no reason why MMW couldn't be as good as WBL in time.

It's a shame Eric Euan had to go on so late, I think many people that left would've been impressed by them. Another great set that shows you don't have to have the distortion on 10 all the time to have power and emotion in your songs. Although in the Euan's case it probably helps when you have two great singers in the band.

Great night. And if one thing came out of it's that you should just let the music do the talking. none of the bands that played last night need to shout the odds about how good they are, the music does that for them.

Guest Mr Blastcap

i think i was there, i remember spending ages trying to find money to get into the place.

were there bands on like?....i simply dont recall...... now spike pile driver were good at drakes chaps! that was full horse!

My Minds Weapon...first time i've seen them and was very impressed. the last song was ace and thanks to you bastards i have 'in this movie i produce i act i direct' stuck in my head. FOREVER. although i agree with chris in that you don't seem to have 'your own stamp' on it yet, but i reckon if you keep going as you are it'll come in time.

WBL - fookin' hell. the last time i saw you guys was july 11th and fuck me. leaps and bounds and you guys were awesome! just..wow.

missed eric euan for bus.

Yeah i was there and enjoyed it. Eric Euan obviously kicked ass. I had never seen them before and i thought they were fucking excellent.

Unfortunately the other bands weren't exactly my kind of music. Although I could tell they were ace at what they do - just i don't dig it much (Afterall, i do listen to Pink Floyd and Mark Knopfler... :p)