aberdeen-music

Are Signiture Images back??

Guest The Dark Knight

Guest The Dark Knight

in a way....yes.

in a good way....no.

It seems that if you put in the IMG code into your signiture (with a link to a picture obviously) and then view a post that you've made in the gallery, you will see your picture!!

I did a little test and viola!

1084Sig_Images.JPG

I copied the link from the Aberdeen-Music.com banner (it was the quickest picture I could get a hold of), I tried it, and it worked.

of course, on my sig on the forums, it just comes up as a link to the picture. But feel free to add an image to your signitures and check out your posts in the gallery. You'll see!

But, does this mean that our beloved signiture images are coming back? Or is this just something that was overlooked seeing as the Galleries are still to be tweaked.

I don't think I'm alone when I say it would be a good idea to bring Sig Images back, it's not like there's a bandwidth concern anymore, I mean, look at the Gallery! Neil's got over 100 pictures alone!

So, what do you guys think?

I think....

That this thread won't last long here...

But, I'd like to see images back. People say "Nooo, we can't do that! Signatures will be ridiculously huge!" Well, some sigs are already ridiculously huge. Am I alone in thinking this?

Anyway, the world needs to see Brian the monkey.

Signature images will never be brought back unless there is an effective way to control them. Unfortunately, there is no way as yet to control the size of signature images.

What The Dark Knight has discovered is that the gallery software, PhotoPost, ignores the vBulletin signature image settings and allows signature images even though they are still disabled in the forums themselves.

Originally posted by Neil:

Signature images will never be brought back unless there is an effective way to control them. Unfortunately, there is no way as yet to control the size of signature images.

Couldn't everyone that browses regularly (like the 100 or so daily visitors) not make a pact to spam(with pm's to their inbox) and complain about the signature image if it's to big.... and after 2 days delete their account or something???? They're a much better way of personalising your signature. and with more and more scottish people getting broadband, ther's never been a better time to bring them back.

Also is there any way you could get the really old signature maker bit back, (with all the colours, and tabs like centre left right and stuff) because ther's nothing that helps you create them, and most peoples signatures are just plan writing... it makes our forums look very bland... :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...