aberdeen-music

benefit gig The Tunnels Sunday Feb. 12th

Guest Les Stroszek

The website address is www.dissent.org.uk. I've taken a long look at the website to find out more about the cause. I don't want to get involved in giving my opinion on it but I think that many interesting points are raised by it and I hope that a lot of folk on here can take the time to read the site and make up there minds about the organisation. I certainly think there is a lot of interesting points raised for debate on there.

The gig also will be really interesting and obviously Im looking forward to it and the line-up seems really good, I've heard a lot of good things about The Upstarts and The Planeteers and I wish I could play guitar as well as Fiona Keenan. I hope a lot of people can find out about the casue and come along to support it too.

Thought I should add that Dissent! Aberdeen, while an affiliate of the Dissent Network, is an autonomous project, active in supporting number of struggles. At the moment we're particularly active in campaigning against climate change. The monies raised from this gig will support that campaign.

This should be a great show with an awesome line up.

Makhno

At the moment we're particularly active in campaigning against climate change. The monies raised from this gig will support that campaign.

Care to expand on how the money will be used?

I'm not passing comment either way, but "against climate change" is just so terrifically vague. What's wrong with climate change? It's fucking freezing in Warsaw at the minute, some decent weather wouldn't go amiss ;)

Care to expand on how the money will be used?

I'm not passing comment either way' date=' but "against climate change" is just so terrifically vague. What's wrong with climate change? It's fucking freezing in Warsaw at the minute, some decent weather wouldn't go amiss ;)[/quote']

By climate change we mean by how human activity - that is the increased production of CO2 and other greenhouse gasses, has tragically affected global weather patterns. Rising temperatures, mainstream scientific opinion agrees, will cause severe famine, disease, cause flooding of coastal areas, increase the severity and number of storms etc.

The monies raised will be used for the purpose of producing campaign materials and assist our general campaign efforts.

A very enjoyable evening. Glad to see some people have a conscience. Good to see some cash and awareness was raised. We played quite different set with some new songs thrown in and it felt quite strange playing on the same bill as the other bands as we are very different. But a good night was had by all. Thanks to David for asking us to play.

www.stroszek.co.uk

Guest Les Stroszek

Must say I liked The Planeteers a punk band without a whiney fake American accent all good fun. Never really got to see much of The Upstarts sadly cos I was taking my stuff home but Richey liked them.