10. Reflection

-----------------------

Parabol/Parabola video

-----------------------

11. Flood

12. The Patient

13. Lateralus

Well' date=' I'm going to Roskilde...but definitely not for Tool.[/quote']

If you have no interest in tool you shouldn't have posted on this thread.

On a more positive and constructive note, having so many tool bootlegs and seen live footage of their concerts, they are by far the most incredible thing i have seen. Most gifted band i have ever heard, anyone who disagrees really doesnt know how musically talented these guys are.

Actually' date=' why shouldn't I? He asked who was going to Denmark to see Tool, and I replied that I wasn't.

You just can't help yourself, can you.

anyone who disagrees really doesnt know how musically talented these guys are

I know exactly how musically talented they are, they just bore me nearly to the point of no return. Pretty reminiscent of most things you post, really.

Actually' date=' why shouldn't I? He asked who was going to Denmark to see Tool, and I replied that I wasn't.

I know exactly how musically talented they are, they just bore me nearly to the point of no return. Pretty reminiscent of most things you post, really.[/quote']

i dont even have to bother this time. nicely done min :up:

Guest Phantomsmasher

On a more positive and constructive note' date=' having so many tool bootlegs and seen live footage of their concerts, they are by far the most incredible thing i have seen. Most gifted band i have ever heard, anyone who disagrees really doesnt know how musically talented these guys are.[/quote']

Let's face it. In terms of musical ability and live shows, acts like Neurosis and Today is the Day make Tool seem like a school band, and have been ahead of this game far longer than them, without boring audiences to death. Tool are a gateway band to better things, or you could just do yourself a favour and miss em out.

If i remember correctly, Fantomas, Cult of luna and Mastodon played this thing last year, although I don't know that for certain. That said the size of acts this thing is attracting means they could have an amazingly varied bill ... far better than any of the British festivals. Which basically means I wished I could go, just to see what it's like.

Danny Carey a school band drummer? erm ok Justin chancellor to? does technical excellence make a band better? Michael Angelo is one of the most amazing guitarists ever, but personally i think his music is utter shite cause there is no feeling to it.

Neurosis are probably the most boring live band i have ever seen in my life... whereas i don't think that i will ever see a better live band than tool. Would hardly say that tool bore audiences to death either...

Let's face it. In terms of musical ability and live shows' date=' acts like Neurosis and Today is the Day make Tool seem like a school band, and have been ahead of this game far longer than them, without boring audiences to death. Tool are a gateway band to better things, or you could just do yourself a favour and miss em out.

If i remember correctly, Fantomas, Cult of luna and Mastodon played this thing last year, although I don't know that for certain. That said the size of acts this thing is attracting means they could have an amazingly varied bill ... far better than any of the British festivals. Which basically means I wished I could go, just to see what it's like.[/quote']

Guest Phantomsmasher
Danny Carey a school band drummer? erm ok Justin chancellor to? does technical excellence make a band better? Michael Angelo is one of the most amazing guitarists ever, but personally i think his music is utter shite cause there is no feeling to it.

o_O

Think someone missed the point, just a tiny bit.

u think tool are boring??? how can this be when there is so much going on at once. my guess is u are an ignorant pratt who has heard a few songs in the background at ur mates and thought they were "boring". ignorance is bliss. or maybe one of ur other mates were like, nah tool are boring. ooh ooh i am a sheep, i think tool are boring also

tool=amazing, intrecit, mind blowing

non tool fans - fuck off

Let's face it. In terms of musical ability and live shows' date=' acts like Neurosis and Today is the Day make Tool seem like a school band, and have been ahead of this game far longer than them, without boring audiences to death. Tool are a gateway band to better things, or you could just do yourself a favour and miss em out. [/quote']

what a pile of bullshit, a gateway band to better things? so you should just miss them out? thats like saying you should miss out the clash and go straight to the Dead Kennedy's or something. youre lucky i dont know where you live. if you dont like a band, fair enough, but if youre going to slag them off, at least do it properly :down:

u think tool are boring??? how can this be when there is so much going on at once. my guess is u are an ignorant pratt who has heard a few songs in the background at ur mates and thought they were "boring". ignorance is bliss. or maybe one of ur other mates were like' date=' nah tool are boring. ooh ooh i am a sheep, i think tool are boring also

non tool fans - fuck off[/quote']

What the fuck man. Just because someone doesnt like a band you do makes them an ignorant pratt? Views like this make me think it is you who is the ignorant pratt.

I love tool. I think they are fantastic and though I have never seen them live I would very much like to some day but I'm not going to judge someone just because they dont like a band I do, even if they are as good as tool

Guest Phantomsmasher
u think tool are boring??? how can this be when there is so much going on at once. my guess is u are an ignorant pratt who has heard a few songs in the background at ur mates and thought they were "boring". ignorance is bliss. or maybe one of ur other mates were like, nah tool are boring. ooh ooh i am a sheep, i think tool are boring also....................

Okay let me make this clear for you. I personally find Tool to be an uninspiring and rather dull band, regardless of musical talents. I find that their songs are pretty limp and don't captivate me the way other experimental acts do ... and yes I have heard and listened to most of the Tool albums. This is an opinion, and this is a music discussion forum, so hence I decided to answer a post which I thought was a bit stupid. I also did not call anyone ignorant, nor stupid because I disagreed with them, something which you seem incapable of.

You're lucky i dont know where you live.

Ah, internet threats... how clever.

This is an opinion' date=' and this is a music discussion forum, so hence I decided to answer a post which I thought was a bit stupid. I also did not call anyone ignorant, nor stupid because I disagreed with them, something which you seem incapable of.

Ah, internet threats... how clever.[/quote']

oooh, you actually thought I was going to come and kick your ass? figure of speech.

of course youre entitled to your opinion, lets not have that debate. but by saying you think that its stupid, youve just completley contradicted yourself.

I know exactly how musically talented they are, they just bore me nearly to the point of no return. Pretty reminiscent of most things you post, really.[/quote']

You seem to think that posting negative points as allright, you must like being negative and supporting your stance. Why exactly did you want from people reading your post? It has zero discussion points, therefor it has absolutely no value in this thread. That must also be acceptible in your opinion.

If you can't see anything wrong in your post you really do have a problem. I can't help myself? Wasn't me that took negative points from a positive thread, you on the other hand did. Then again my other posts on other threads bare no revelance on this thread, no argument.

Let's face it. In terms of musical ability and live shows' date=' acts like Neurosis and Today is the Day make Tool seem like a school band, and have been ahead of this game far longer than them, without boring audiences to death. Tool are a gateway band to better things, or you could just do yourself a favour and miss em out.

If i remember correctly, Fantomas, Cult of luna and Mastodon played this thing last year, although I don't know that for certain. That said the size of acts this thing is attracting means they could have an amazingly varied bill ... far better than any of the British festivals. Which basically means I wished I could go, just to see what it's like.[/quote']

Granted neurosis are a very talented band, today is the day are a good band but their sound is far more concentrated on noise rather than talent. Yet your point about tool being a school band is way off the point since so many publications regard tool in a different class and this comes from people that work in the business

u think tool are boring??? how can this be when there is so much going on at once. my guess is u are an ignorant pratt who has heard a few songs in the background at ur mates and thought they were "boring". ignorance is bliss. or maybe one of ur other mates were like' date=' nah tool are boring. ooh ooh i am a sheep, i think tool are boring also

non tool fans - fuck off[/quote']

Excellent point, people seem to think slagging off tool fans and being negative is clever.

Just goes to show really what a degenerative state of mind these "people" have