aberdeen-music

VW Beetles

Hog

Here is pic of my old car. I had it for 2 years and went through 3 engines. Its best engine was a 1650cc skimmed. It had crazy acceleration but a top speed of 70 mph lol. The tyres were very wide, porsche spoiler, full body kit and 4 exhaust pipes lol.

beetle.JPG

The car next to it was my first ever car. A green Fiesta which was a van but I installed windows.

you should have put a porsche engine in the back. its a commonly done upgrade.

Everyone says that, but I think it's fairly hard to do (assuming we're talking about the aircooled flat-six from the 80's 911). There's not really the space unless you do fairly drastic bodymods...better with one of the big bore beetle kits - I heard there's a company in the states making 2600cc type 1 motors now! Or a turbo. I've seen intercoolers mounted on top of the engine cover before...

The porker motor fits in a Karmann Ghia though...

Nice bug though Hog. One of my mates used to have something similar - Could beat a Golf VR6 at the lights, but topped out around 70 too, untill he fitted huge twin-choke carbs...then it was nearer 95 :laughing: