aberdeen-music

iPod question

medichi

This relates to my last thread where my spod had cocked up - I updated iTunes and the iPod software, and then it asked me to plug it into the power (not the cradle) so the flash memory could reset - unfortunately, the box with the power adapter and other cables has gone walk-about in my house move, and now I can't get the fucking thing past it asking me to plug it in (screen shows plung going into socket). I've decided to bite the bullit and buy a new adapter, but what cable do I need? Is it the firewire (same box, also missing), or another cable that comes with the adapter? Resetting manually doesn't work, btw...

Thanks in advance...

Guest five years

i've just done the exact same thing and left my wall charger somewhere too.

AIDS.

it's the firewire cable you need though, connects into the wall connection.

bit of a design fault i reckon. my sister has an ipod nano and was not supplied with a wall charger of any description...

This relates to my last thread where my spod had cocked up - I updated iTunes and the iPod software' date=' and then it asked me to plug it into the power (not the cradle) so the flash memory could reset - unfortunately, the box with the power adapter and other cables has gone walk-about in my house move, and now I can't get the fucking thing past it asking me to plug it in (screen shows plung going into socket). I've decided to bite the bullit and buy a new adapter, but what cable do I need? Is it the firewire (same box, also missing), or another cable that comes with the adapter? Resetting manually doesn't work, btw...

Thanks in advance...[/quote']

May I suggest...

garbagecart_sm.jpg?

Guest DustyDeviada
i got a 60gig video iPod' date=' and it doesnt come with a wall charger of any kinda. Just a USB 2.0 cable.[/quote']

Yep, my 30gig too.

Bought a charger off ebay for a tenner though.

Yep' date=' my 30gig too.

Bought a charger off ebay for a tenner though.[/quote']I've found that if you plug the I-Pod into the USB cable, then eject the i-pod through I-tunes, it still charges, but you can use it as if it were not connected. So I'm not bothering with a charger just yet. Will get one soon though.