aberdeen-music

finally! a paper cut out website!with mp3s

stuartmaxwell

Guest Page 99
for the first time ever i have to agree with you

Yeah, but no one cares what you think though, you have no idea about this kind of thing ;)

This is not elitism this totaly is being a cunt...

To be honest, people aren't going to fuck around with the website to find the music if their first impression is that the site is broken. You might if someone's personally recommended the band to you, but if you're just surfing, you can find no doubt similar music elsewhere without the hassle of having to look closely.

At the end of the day, first impressions count for a hell of a lot. If that impression is bad, then you're fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. And at the end of the day, what's the point in being clever if people don't "get" it?

im sure the band dont give a toss about whether people have a first impression due to a website or not

they are hardly fame chasing, groupie hungry rockstar wannabes

they just play fucking ace music, and they have gotten by just fine without a website so far. they got to release a SUPERB 7" on Jealous records (with awesome dye cut artwork which is pricey) and have gotten to support some great bands, 5k write up in kerrang etc

and as i said the mp3s have a direct link. you either got the gig on the basis of that or you dont. basically, the website has fuck all to do with it

music makes me go to gigs, not websites.

If you want to spend more than a few minutes reading, I would suggest a book... I personally have spent little time doing research on the internet and use it as a siourcing tool. I find reading off a computer screen, for any length of time, well, I don't. I find what I need and if need be print it off... Been quite a few studies done that say we do not engage fully with text on a computer screen and 'skim' for the juicy bits...

I'm not quite sure why folk are still ranting about this... If you don't fucking like the Paper Cut Out site that's fine for cripes sake. Get over it.

That said it is the beginnings of a discussion on the merits of the internet and the effect it has on the speed that we live our lives...

I say slow down with a good book and use the tinternet for 'mind snacks'...

Just my opinion though... I just prefer paper...

Fucking hell, if I'd done that website in Internet information Systems or Human Computer interaction at university, I'd have been given a CAS 0.

For one thing, when you have a Links page, you sort of expect the links to be... well, "links". The links that they DO have would be much better being positioned one under the other, or at least in SOME sort of order - katiecamie, tripsetc and untitled/alossofcontrol don't even have their links beside them. It may not take a brain surgeon to work out where the links are, but the line break tag is one of the most basic HTML tags. Also, readability is poor. That site alienates anyone with any visual impairments. And clicking links that take you to another part of the site should really open up the contents in the same window - having multiple windows is just plain annoying, since you just have to close them again.

Whoever made that site up, I hope for their sake that it was their first attempt at using a computer.

Guest Mr Blastcap
Fucking hell' date=' if I'd done that website in Internet information Systems or Human Computer interaction at university, I'd have been given a CAS 0.

For one thing, when you have a Links page, you sort of expect the links to be... well, "links". The links that they DO have would be much better being positioned one under the other, or at least in SOME sort of order - katiecamie, tripsetc and untitled/alossofcontrol don't even have their links beside them. It may not take a brain surgeon to work out where the links are, but the line break tag is one of the most basic HTML tags. Also, readability is poor. That site alienates anyone with any visual impairments. And clicking links that take you to another part of the site should really open up the contents in the same window - having multiple windows is just plain annoying, since you just have to close them again.

Whoever made that site up, I hope for their sake that it was their first attempt at using a computer.[/quote']

if i had made that site for an hnd in marketing a post punk band, i would have achieved a glowing pass mark.

horses for courses.

youngsters today are so damn earnest.

my typing is getting worse.

im sure the band dont give a toss about whether people have a first impression due to a website or not

they are hardly fame chasing' date=' groupie hungry rockstar wannabes

[/quote']

Theres a big difference between this and just being plain difficult and irritating. Don't you want people to find out about your favourite band?

Guest lime ruined my life

i thought the website was ok, although it's not entirely obvious that you have to remove the layers.

however, i didn't like the music, far from what maxi says, i think it's extremely safe. Safe isn't necesarily bad, nor is being unoriginal, but i didn't like the songs either. i could probably see the apeal to other people though.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mr Blastcap
That web-site does my tits in....ive never worked out how to enter it....

Although in saying that...im pretty sure there is no real web-site' date=' you can stop the fucker by right clicking, then when you click on him it pretends like nothing has happened....the bastards[/quote']

arf it works now i got in, it plys a noise loop at ye!