aberdeen-music

Sound cards and home recording

Chris

Guest texjamm

This may help....

Hi, just read your thread and thought I should add a link to a pre-amp / recording interface I'm selling on e-bay. Have a look and see if its what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7380479462&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I might even deliver it for 'nowt if you win it!! (Depending on where you live!!!)

Cheers,

Mike

funny this thread got bumped today. anyway, I understand what you're saying CAC and to an extent I agree with you. However I'm skint right now and only want to play around, nothing serious so I'm not going to fork out loads. I actually just got cubase for a friend and thought I'd try it out first before I gave it to him. I'm now using some freeware audio software called Kristal. Not amazing but it does exactly what I want it to do for now.

Anyway today I got a Yamaha 10 input mixer with 4 pre-amps and phantom power. I've just set it up and it seems perfect for what I want. I can plug in my acoustic and my microphone (both are decent quality) and a few other things should I wish and mix the lot down onto the computer, minidisc or whatever. So I'm happy.

Or I would be happy if the battery in my acoustic hadn't just ran out. Bugger.

Acoustic N Vox aye???

Cheap aye???

simple aye???

best thing mate would be downloading audicity on you PC and getting a mic with a line out of the back of your pc and BOOM cheap, easy, nice peace o music you have. EASY no fuss recording for this type o sinareo.

if you have a mic then its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! works wonders for me mate

:up:

There hasnt been a problem free aquired version for a couple of years'. The latest one defintely doesnt work properly and that will be the last aquired Cubase version ever. Even those talented coders that are able to disable some features of the original software have stated that it takes to much time to code and wont be doing again.

The only software which there hasn't been a good cracked version of for a while is Pro Tools...and with good reason. Everything else is out there...you just need to know where to look :gringo:

best thing mate would be downloading audicity on you PC and getting a mic with a line out of the back of your pc and BOOM cheap' date=' easy, nice peace o music you have. EASY no fuss recording for this type o sinareo.

if you have a mic then its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! works wonders for me mate

[/quote']

Well no, if you'd read the thread you'd know that was pretty much the first thing I tried. I have a pretty good microphone but because there's no pre-amp in the onboard soundcard the computer can't pick it up.

Anyway it's all sorted now and working like a charm. Just need some spare time to get some stuff recorded.