aberdeen-music

Digital camera home printer advice required

Sundance

I don't know much about them, but I was looking for one before.. and it ended up working out cheaper to just take my photos into boots or somewhere to get them developed.. because after buying all the ink/printing paper after the actual machine.. the cost just mounts up..

Don't buy a home printer because:

1. The cost of ink and paper can be quite high

2. The print you make only lasts for about a year before it starts to fade (unless you buy Archival Paper, this stuff lasts for about 2-3 years)

My advice is to go to a lab (Boots, Jessops etc) and get your photos printed. It's really cheap and the quality of the actual print lasts for about 25-30 years. If you can't make it into town to get this done - order your prints online.

Fair enough, the good thing about home printing is that you can get your photos produced there and then, without leaving your home. But the fact that the print quality degrades so quickly puts me off.

EDIT: If you really must buy a home printer, I would go for the Epson R320 for up to A4 prints (unless you can afford a laser printer, as Cloud said)

My advice is to go to a lab (Boots' date=' Jessops etc) and get your photos printed. It's really cheap and the quality of the actual print lasts for about 25-30 years. If you can't make it into town to get this done - order your prints online.

[/quote']

in some instances this is true...just be careful which lab you go to. if you use those photo kiosks in boots they use a different printing process (its called dye sublimation if anyone cares.) the paper is generally crappy and the prints will fade really fast. make sure your digi pics go through the same paper process as the film in the lab...then you should get good prints that will last.

oh and i wouldnt bother with home printing...the ink alone will probably cost almost as much as the printer itself and good paper can work out bloody expensive too.

I have a fuji s5500 & am looking for a quality home photo printer. Unfortunately i dont really know where to start and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good models or lead me to some sites that will help me come to a decision??

help!

Thanks

Oooh!! I just got the Fuji S5600! Very nice camera!! ^_^