aberdeen-music

Any ever heard the band Dokken

bryn

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by jester1470:

Dokken like Def Leppard but with better solo's ?? I don't think so, Dokken aren't a patch on leppard, especially Pyromania/Hysteria era with Steve Clark soloing !!

Dokken are a run of the mill rock band, some good stuff, some not so good,

Cheers

Stuart

I agree - I used to be a huge Lep fan meself. Just pointing out that Dokken's soloing stood out over their material, which has little depth.

Might dig out Hysteria on the back of this thread....

no way.

in my opinion Dokken are way better than Def Leppard.

they aren't as polished as def lep. (even though they still dont sound rough). sometimes I feel that Def Lep can sound really too sugarcoated.

and george lynch is amazing, but doesn't particularly stand out in any way

Def Leppard are polished, but have writtten some of the best commercial rock music out there, saw them 4 times last year, the highlight being the Barrowlands show, spoiled only by The Darkness in support, Ricky Warwick was the other support and he rocked !! They are a stunning live band with some great tunes, I wouldn't say something like Rock of Ages is sugar coated, i admit there is some commercial stuiff, but at least they stopped before they became like the othger huige 80's rock band Bon Jovi !!!

Cheers

Stuart

Ah Extreme, the great Queen wannabee's ;) Actually I really like them especially the 3rd album which was when they were at their creative peak, 3 sides is a classic, even if the Queen influenceis huge, but then that's not a bad thing, amazes me people will day the Darkness sound like Queen, which is sacrielege, at leat Extreme were a good band, and Nuno one of the most underated guitarists ever, saw him doing flight of the bumblebee on TV att he Seville guitar legends, not many people can hold their own in gig with Brian May, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Tony Iommi, and Joe Walsh, but he did and was superb !!

Cheers

Stuart

he does play better with one arm than most drummers do with 2 !! Initially he used a lot of pedals and electronic kit, now I believe he just uses a slightly modified kit, brilliant drummer, he was under 18 when Def Leooard recorded their first album and started playing with them aged 15 !!

Cheers

Stuart