aberdeen-music

RGU battle of the bands

AKMartin

Now, Ascension had the most audience votes by the end of the night, however, the Tunnels Society thought deBassed would fit the bill better for the final

Um,

according to the BoTB organiser:

"I think on the night you (Kordoba) were joint even favourites with the judges but unfortunatly by the time you came on it wasn't so busy, so you didn't do so well on the public vote. The thought of the society was that you would go down particularly well at the Tunnels, but there was a lot of metal fans at the Union that night."

*tries desperately to prove that his band were also in the running*

AKM

Guest pop-notmyface
the Entertainments Society at RGU.

dear god.....one can only imagine what ludicrous cause this "society" is founded on...for all we know, it might secretly be called "Kegstand Society" or "Beavers' Night Out Society"

Its kinda silly how they based their vote on "I think this band would go down better at the tunnels" ... no offense to the other guys meant - but that's not a battle of the bands, that's just 2 gigs. I fell sorry for the other 2 bands in heat 1 who didn['t get through because the Society chose Holy Folkes... a bit harsh.

But anyway, we might be playing the tunnels at a Society Metal night, should be good...

Just stick a demo in at the bar and try your luck that way.

We've already played there.

As I said earlier, it was really only a warm up gig to get the new line up in front of a crowd (albeit not a huge one). Seems as if I'm not as bothered by the BOTB element as anyone else. Anyhow, we're off to St Andrews next, then we'll take it from there......