aberdeen-music

Metal supergroup...

Hog

Featuring members of Darkane (guitars,vox), ex-Meshuggah (bass) and The Devin Townsend Band (drums?- Non Human Level.

http://www.vs-webzine.com/go_mp3.php?Idmp3=545

A brand-new NON-HUMAN LEVEL track, entitled "Personal Hell", has been made available for download at VS-Webzine.com.

NON-HUMAN LEVEL, the solo project of DARKANE guitarist Christofer Malmstrm, will release its self-titled debut album late October via France's Listenable Records. The album's cover artwork can be found at this location.

In addition to Malmstrm, "Non-Human Level" features contributions from DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND drummer Ryan van Poederooyen, former MESHUGGAH bassist Gustaf Hielm and DARKANE drummer Peter Wildoer (on lead vocals!).

Malmstrm had previously stated about the NON-HUMAN LEVEL album, "I can't tell you how much I enjoy having this project behind me, because as fun as it has been, it has at the same time been very hard to write, arrange, record and produce the album by myself with the constant thought if it is good or not. However, I am now very satisfied with the result, and I won't forget the great contributions by drummer Ryan Van Poederooyen, bass player Gustaf Hielm and vocalist/mixing guy Peter Wildoer, who's done great performances to make sure this album kicks ass! And it kicks ass!!!

"I have tried to come up with a good description of what NON-HUMAN LEVEL sounds like, and the best I can do is this: It's melodic death metal with influences from the Tampa death like the band DEATH (many deaths here) mixed with the more Scandinavian style like the one DARKANE has but with more instrumental parts and more guitar solos. Now I will shut my mouth and let you judge by yourself when it's released October 24th. It will definately be worth checking out I promise!"

Guest Page 99

Yes, this gig should be pretty cool. Another shortish evac set, but with a few new songs.

How many splits do you guys have at this moment? I am interested in hearing 'Perminant Death'.

Yes' date=' this gig should be pretty cool. Another shortish evac set, but with a few new songs.

How many splits do you guys have at this moment? I am interested in hearing 'Perminant Death'.[/quote']

We have the Permanent Death spilt and...fuck speak to Jake, he knows more hehe.

We also are hopefully going to split with Jan from Agathocles

PD are raw as fuck! Good shit

The new Darkane album is fucking brilliant actually... I quite liked Expanding Senses, but on the new one you can totally hear the Devin influence so some parts of it sound huge. Great time changes and solos too.

Personal Hell seems not bad... not as much dynamics as darkane though. I'd describe the first solo as *fist in the air* 'victorious' rather than cheesey :)

Dan (not Heather...once again I forgot to log out)

The new Darkane album is fucking brilliant actually... I quite liked Expanding Senses' date=' but on the new one you can totally hear the Devin influence so some parts of it sound huge. Great time changes and solos too.

Personal Hell seems not bad... not as much dynamics as darkane though. I'd describe the first solo as *fist in the air* 'victorious' rather than cheesey :)

Dan (not Heather...once again I forgot to log out)[/quote']

Indeed Heather, I mean Dan :). Yeah its more Death Metal /Thrashy compared to Darkane. Darkane are the bomb :rockon: