aberdeen-music

Has anyone ever...

Inkster

Guest AmbientMood

To be honest I just think moderators are closing threads far too frequently these days. It seems whenever they deem something unconstructive they slap on a padlock, just to piss me off.

Oh, in terms of your question. No.

Guest tv tanned
Is it like "I have never smoked a hamster?" and anyone who has smoked a hamster has to take a drink?!

We play that game on work nights out which means everyone ends up knowing everyone's business' date=' and you find out stuff you just don't want to know.[/quote']

they frequently descend into games of 'so and so has'...

Is it like "I have never smoked a hamster?" and anyone who has smoked a hamster has to take a drink?!

We play that game on work nights out which means everyone ends up knowing everyone's business' date=' and you find out stuff you just don't want to know.[/quote']

No no.It's more like, "I have never gone a week..." game e.g. "I have never gone a week without watching tv." Then for a whole week you don't watch tv and you end up spring cleaning your house n stuff due to all the extra time on your hands you usually spend watching tv OR "I have never gone a week without going on my computer." that sorta thing.

Or "I have never...been happier than when I quit the job where I had to listen to 3 hours of Jo Whiley's banal, characterless chat every fucking day while she played *exactly* the same songs as ever other daytime show, in practically the same order, whilst still trying to give off the impression that she isn't a sell out whore who owes her (now minimal) knowledge of music and very career to the infinitely more talented Steve Lamacq".

Sorry, I don't know what came over me.

Or "I have never...been happier than when I quit the job where I had to listen to 3 hours of Jo Whiley's banal' date=' characterless chat every fucking day while she played *exactly* the same songs as ever other daytime show, in practically the same order, whilst still trying to give off the impression that she isn't a sell out whore who owes her (now minimal) knowledge of music and very career to the infinitely more talented Steve Lamacq".

Sorry, I don't know what came over me.[/quote']

Jo Whiley's show is really good with the best ever live performances by bands I have heard on the radio. Especially the cover versions are usually something to watch out for.

Jo Whiley's show is really good with the best ever live performances by bands I have heard on the radio. Especially the cover versions are usually something to watch out for.

That's got to be irony. I'm praying.

Having listened to Radio 1 a lot in the past few months, i can say i've never been so saddened and ashamed for both sides as when I heard foo fighters cover an oasis song on jo whiley's show.

i agree whole heartedly that she is a shit dj, it's like her sole inspiration is the playlist she's contracted to play. she can't even speak properly without

creating an

awkward

silence

One time i was on the bus i ended up consoling some guy about his broken family. He hadn't seen his dad in x amount of years and he had a sister he'd never met, but he was on the wy to see them that very day, which is why he was on the bus out to mintlaw. He then tried to convince me I was his sister.

Another guy asked me if he could borrow my light when he was about to get off the bus to light his fag, as he didn't have one. I had a spare so just gave it to him, the next thing I knew he leaned over and gave me a small baggy of grass and a can of Stella! :-D