aberdeen-music

The Fall

ragudave

Suns of Arca may or may not be the additional act this evening - if they do come they'll be doing a short set before JJC.

Sorry for being terribly vague... but I do it so well!

Tickets will be available on the door (from 9pm) priced 15 or 10 for concessions.

Judging by reviews, The Fall are in fine fettle -

www.thestereoeffect.com/onstage/display_live.php?LiveId=200

http://newdev.playlouder.com/feature/+thefall/?key=2248d2-2079a0

Cheers

David

MESmith and his band were on exc form - its great how they manage to put a new spin on old songs such as Hip Priest and The Joke. The new material works well live.

I liked the amount of rockabilly and krautrock that are much more obvious live than on CD.

Now, when are we getting MES back to do a spoken word show with some poets and spoken word performers...

Dave

that really is a cracking website Dave ... I knew I'd heard them do something Tapular at some stage.

I've always been a believer in the 'do it differently or do it better' school of thought on covers, so it's probably no surprise two or three of my favourites have been by The Fall. I think it was after hearing Black Monk Theme that I got into them.