aberdeen-music

22.10.05 - fudgenight64! POW! KABLAM!

The Ghost Of Fudge

coming up next for you, we're delighted to present a sparkling diamond of a bill: rarely can four such astonishing bands have shared a stage in this hemisphere. perhaps the world.

THE MOORINGS

saturday 22nd october

from 8.30pm

1am curfew

DEADENSTEREO.

indierock at it's finest, cominatcha from edinburgh!

http://www.deadenstereo.com/

TENESSEE KAIT.

full-on hard rock with tunes, straight outta perth!

http://www.teneseekait.com/

IDENTITY.

melodic funk rockers, flying in from peterhead i think?

http://www.myspace.com/myidentity

REDPATH.

quite probably brilliant, but i haven't heard them live yet!

and i've no idea how they got in touch we me in the first place. hopefully, we'll manage to talk at some point before the gig. plus, i wanted to check i spelled their name right :)

bands starting 9pm prompt.

check out the tenessee kait and deadenstereo websites. they're very pretty and informative...

Fx

"Swirrly, Whirrlly guitars with crashing melody" - Kerrang! Magazine

"Loud, brash and unashamedly brutal" - Rock Sound Magazine

"The best new band I've heard in an age" - Logo Magazine

TENESSEE KAIT ON MYSPACE

- add them, they love you!

http://www.myspace.com/teneseekait

check out the chooons

their blurb:

Intense and uncompromisingly brutal, yet with the ability to show a side of themselves that is subdued, contemplative and quite beautiful to behold: These startlingly effective loud/soft dynamics have become the lynch-pin of the Tenesee Kait sound, their own individual brand of alternative rock which they continue to showcase to its full effect on their second single, Vaseline Smile.

Formed in 1998, Perthshire quartet Tenesee Kait immediately impressed with their first outings securing the band gigs across Scotland (taking in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee) and going on to catch the eye of local label, Buzz Records. In 2001, their debut release on the label, Cherries, even managed to impress the notoriously 'hard to please' Radio 1 (seeing airplay on the prestigious Jo Whiley show and Session in Scotland).

Follow up was the 2003 release Vaseline Smile. Support slots followed shortly after, playing dates with Annie Christian, Fifth Amendment, Span, X is Loaded, thisGIRL, InMe and current alt-rock darlings Biffy Clyro, as well as securing them an exclusive showcase at the Northern Exposure music industry convention and Musicworks Glasgow 2004.

Having honed their live skills to perfection though, Tenesee Kait returned to the studio and have recorded more brand new tracks for 2005: Weekend Sessions, this time on Local Label BrokenWing Records.

With this new material and an even stonger live set Tenesee Kait are here to make an impression. ........................................."

Melody is at the heart of everything they doeach hook laden chorus earthed by churning guitars and brilliant harmonies - The Big Issue

Mixing haunting guitar melodies with fragile vocals, deadenstereo could find a wider audience if theres more where this came from - The Daily Record

This is great chiming lead guitar and spot on vocals freefalling into another planet sized chorus - Is This Music?

A&R guys from cool indie labels should surely be sniffing around these fellows in the hope of bringing us the Next Big Thing - Ripping Tracks

Given half a chance, deadenstereo will rip your heart out and tear it into a thousand tiny pieces - Alternative 101 Fanzine

DEADENSTEREO ON MYSPACE

- add them, they love you as well!

http://www.myspace.com/deadenstereo

they have three songs online for you to listen to.

the blurb:

"deadenstereo are a rock band, who haven't always thought of themselves as such.

Based in Edinburgh, they have gigged all over the country on the back of a little radio exposure, their day jobs and the belief that if one person goes away happy, the trip has been a success.

Supporting indie hero Neil Leyton and Valis (ex-Screaming Trees) have been highlights, and low lights are not worth the time it takes to type them."

• 3 weeks later...

Yo Brian,

I posting the same thing on Kirkt's thread BTW.

You have Identity booked for 22nd October. Kirk has them booked for 15th October. You already put them on 10th September.

SORRY BUT THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH OF ONE BAND WE CAN HANDLE!!!

I thought 2 bookings in a row was one too many, but we simply can't tolerate the same band 3 times in 6 weeks. So please would either kirkt or yourself cancel one of the Identity slots in favour of another band.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

free form jazz! come on baby! identity did a 50 minute set last time anyway when they had a half-hour slot, so we can assume they're ready to roll... :)

the kraken dj duo will be happily spinning records for you too... local records, comedic records, covers, metal, rock, grunge, rock and big bands... you'll be loving it!