aberdeen-music

New song

Guest AmbientMood

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plasticSHIT

well where do i begin infact im not goin to be a dick to you like you are to every one else

but where do you get off slaggin other peoples stuff when you subject others to this pile of shi... no i said i wasnt goin to be a dick so here goes...

to long till summit happens in the tune and na fuck it half the titles is spot on..guess which half

so before you go blastin other folks tunes listen to your own first

what im tryin to say is i didnt like it too much :down:

Guest AmbientMood

to long till summit happens in the tune :

So what you're saying is it doesn't accomodate your miniscule attention span?

When I listen, I think of the overall 'soundscape.' The length of the first section, being very purposeful, makes a pretty good build up I think. But then, judging by your own musical tastes, I guess you're looking for 3 minute, cliched hits that, by using every simple trick in the book do everything the consumer wants.

Its the most extreme thing I've ever done to be honest, most of my stuff is chilled.

How fuckin dare you rip the shit out of us, with that synthisis peace of SHIT. its not even a song it a loop, spending five mins on pro tools can produce better sounds than that. all i can say is am very dissapointed in you mr Moon. i thought that you were so wise and wonderfull that you could rip off anyones music, but thats fuckin low.

i dont like your "song" very much Mr Moon.

:down::stupid::puke:

Guest AmbientMood
How fuckin dare you rip the shit out of us' date=' with that synthisis peace of SHIT. its not even a song it a loop, spending five mins on pro tools can produce better sounds than that. all i can say is am very dissapointed in you mr Moon. i thought that you were so wise and wonderfull that you could rip off anyones music, but thats fuckin low.

i dont like your "song" very much Mr Moon.

:down::stupid::puke:[/quote']

Thats fine, keep up the good work.

its not nice when people rip your stuff eh

but to be honest its not my cup of tea it was ok nothin special though although i did like the bit when it sounded like a lighter being light but theres build up and theres fuckin major construction there thats my honest opinion

also dont talk about my musical tastes unless youve seen my record colletion or have even spoke to me, ok you dont like the band im in fair doos were not the best in the world but hey dude neither are you

do you play in the moorings on the open mic nights by the way if so were you there on sunday if so what were you playin?

hahahaha

Ahahahahahahahahahahhhhhaaaaahahahahahahah

........hooohohohohohooooohohohohashahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaghghh

Heheheeeehehehehehhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeh

.....ahahahahahahahahahahah

(edit:) i got through 42 seconds of that shit before i had to turn it off. theres one person i know that could stand that for much longer than a minute, my granny.... and she's deaf.

Some interesting sounds in there. Although it goes on a bit long, I do definitely like the first drumloop. The piece sounds a wee bit synthetic (I mean as far as sounds go, it seems pretty electronically created), and yet, if you listen, there do seem to be a fair emount of 'actual' sound samples.

It's not quite conducive to my tastes; I'm more of a Postal Service or Lamb fan; but it's not bad, if you're more into the dark, spacey side of electronica. My only real criticism would be the lack of any sort of melody/harmony/pitching, but I guess that's maybe an ambience thing...

Still, doesn't deserve the slating those first few gave it.

Guest AmbientMood
Some interesting sounds in there. Although it goes on a bit long' date=' I do definitely like the first drumloop. The piece sounds a wee bit synthetic (I mean as far as sounds go, it seems pretty electronically created), and yet, if you listen, there do seem to be a fair emount of 'actual' sound samples.

It's not quite conducive to my tastes; I'm more of a Postal Service or Lamb fan; but it's not bad, if you're more into the dark, spacey side of electronica. My only real criticism would be the lack of any sort of melody/harmony/pitching, but I guess that's maybe an ambience thing...

Still, doesn't deserve the slating those first few gave it.[/quote']

The harmony in this is mainly a cello sound with distortion, though I guess my sounds could do with work. I tried to make the Harmony and melody fairly discreet, the harmony being sort out of time etc, melody creeping occasionally during the quieter section.

Theres not any 'real' sounds, except from me sharpening knives and tapping on a wine glass 8)

ta though

Guest AmbientMood
oh fuck yeah it does. (historical reasons mostly' date=' but come on, its bland empty sound with no hook, no groove, its boring. )[/quote']

Read my reply to your bandmates first response.

its an exercise to listen to

I've nothing to deny there. :D

Ahahahahahahahahahahhhhhaaaaahahahahahahah

........hooohohohohohooooohohohohashahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaghghh

Heheheeeehehehehehhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeh

.....ahahahahahahahahahahah

(edit:) i got through 42 seconds of that shit before i had to turn it off. theres one person i know that could stand that for much longer than a minute' date=' my granny.... and she's deaf.[/quote']

dont cry when he gives you shit

I don't think it's too long, per se, I think it's actually three tracks in one. Of the three, I think the first is the weakest (start until about 1:50)it sounds very early nineties electronica, and not in a particularly fantastic way. Having said that, I never really was a big fan of that style.

The second section (1:50 until about 3:30) is much stronger overall. I like the burbling bass in it a lot, and the percussion is more subtle but better for it. Of all the sections, though, I most like the third. It's definitely the most ambient of the three, and the percussion is the most interesting. The other sounds are given more room to breathe in this section. If I was you, I'd take out the third section altogether, and make it a standalone track, and develop it in this context.

Guest AmbientMood
If I was you' date=' I'd take out the third section altogether, and make it a standalone track, and develop it in this context.[/quote']

Yeah cool idea. It would feel like backtracking, but with music I think if something isn't working you really just have to scrap it, regardless of how much time and thinking-power you've spent on it. Will think about that.

Yeah cool idea. It would feel like backtracking' date=' but with music I think if something isn't working you really just have to scrap it, regardless of how much time and thinking-power you've spent on it. Will think about that.[/quote']

I wouldn't scrap it; it's too good for that. If I were you, I wouldn't consider to be not working. As I said, I consider it to be three pieces rolled into one; three good pieces that deserve a chance to breathe properly as seperate tracks. The soundscaping of the third section would benefit very much from being extended and developed further. I'd really like to see how it would turn out if it was extended.

befor i say anything, i dont like this music, i dont like your music and i cant see why anyone else would. there thats my opinion.

im not a dick an aberdeen music (well not anymore) but i just had to jump at the chance to slag of Mr moon here coz hes a dick.

now he kens that its nae very nice. and when you post up your music you dont want to log on and see sum dick saying the worst things about what you have tryed so hard to create.

well done Mr Moon for what you have created, its not my cup o tea but others seem to like it, you must be doing something right. so why do we leave our comments to ourselfs and you keep yours to yourself????

can you manage that?

befor i say anything' date=' i dont like this music, i dont like your music and i cant see why anyone else would. there thats my opinion.

im not a dick an aberdeen music (well not anymore) but i just had to jump at the chance to slag of Mr moon here coz hes a dick.

now he kens that its nae very nice. and when you post up your music you dont want to log on and see sum dick saying the worst things about what you have tryed so hard to create.

well done Mr Moon for what you have created, its not my cup o tea but others seem to like it, you must be doing something right. so why do we leave our comments to ourselfs and you keep yours to yourself????[/quote']

Toys back in the pram, children. AmbientMood criticised some of your music, so you criticise his music by calling him a "dick". You don't like it, fair enough, it's not your "cup o tea", but does it really need to become personal? Seemingly, your entire reason for posting on this thread was to throw abuse. You and des seem to have some kind of grudge against him, which is your business, but do you really have to carry out your vendetta in public? Could you not just stick to PMing him abuse, and let the rest of us make constructive praise or criticism? It would be far less embarassing for you, and would significantly lower the chances of this thread being closed prematurely.

Edit: I listened to Statue of Misery's "Legs Wide Open" and whilst it isn't terrible, it's far from fantastic; formulaic, Americanised and uninspired are three words that spring to mind immediately upon listening to it. I find it ironic that you can decry "Raydar Gaydar" as a "synthisis peace of SHIT" (sic), and yet play something like "Legs Wide Open" which is just as open to criticism as that, perhaps moreso. Whilst it's true that AmbientMood may be a glass-thrower living in a glass house, you're surely in the same position?

Regarding your suggestion, "why do we leave our comments to ourselfs and you keep yours to yourself????": surely that's immediately invalidated. By the very act of placing your song on the internet, surely you're actively wanting people to find your music, listen to it, and then comment on what they've heard. Otherwise, why bother uploading it in the first place? Or is it just that you don't want to hear people say anything negative about it?

Toys back in the pram' date=' children. [b']AmbientMood criticised some of your music, so you criticise his music by calling him a "dick". You don't like it, fair enough, it's not your "cup o tea", but does it really need to become personal? Seemingly, your entire reason for posting on this thread was to throw abuse. You and des seem to have some kind of grudge against him, which is your business, but do you really have to carry out your vendetta in public? Could you not just stick to PMing him abuse, and let the rest of us make constructive praise or criticism? It would be far less embarassing for you, and would significantly lower the chances of this thread being closed prematurely.

Edit: I listened to Statue of Misery's "Legs Wide Open" and whilst it isn't terrible, it's far from fantastic; formulaic, Americanised and uninspired are three words that spring to mind immediately upon listening to it. I find it ironic that you can decry "Raydar Gaydar" as a "synthisis peace of SHIT" (sic), and yet play something like "Legs Wide Open" which is just as open to criticism as that, perhaps moreso. Whilst it's true that AmbientMood may be a glass-thrower living in a glass house, you're surely in the same position?

Regarding your suggestion, "why do we leave our comments to ourselfs and you keep yours to yourself????": surely that's immediately invalidated. By the very act of placing your song on the internet, surely you're actively wanting people to find your music, listen to it, and then comment on what they've heard. Otherwise, why bother uploading it in the first place? Or is it just that you don't want to hear people say anything negative about it?

look mate, i dident call Mr Moon a dick coz of his music, i called him a dick coz of the really shity (and over the top) things he was saying about our music AND us personaly, HE IS A TEXTBOOK ASSHOLE. what i ment to say was "why DONT we leave our comments to ourselfs" because no matter how much we try and say "ok cool man, you dont like our music thats fine" he continues to slag, i dont even know this guy. i put up my music in here to get constructive critisim, not constant abuse. i was just showing him what its like to have someone not leaving you alone by being a constant dick. have you ever sen a post on our fourm by Moony? there pathetic and abusive. i enjoy hearing peoples opinions on our music, good and bad. but Moonys in a hole other league of abuse. just showing him what its like.

just dont judge me mate :down:

Guest AmbientMood
look mate' date=' i dident call Mr Moon a dick coz of his music, i called him a dick coz of the really shity (and over the top) things he was saying about our music AND us personaly, HE IS A TEXTBOOK ASSHOLE. what i ment to say was "why DONT we leave our comments to ourselfs" because no matter how much we try and say "ok cool man, you dont like our music thats fine" he continues to slag, i dont even know this guy. i put up my music in here to get constructive critisim, not constant abuse. i was just showing him what its like to have someone not leaving you alone by being a constant dick. have you ever sen a post on our fourm by Moony? there pathetic and abusive. i enjoy hearing peoples opinions on our music, good and bad. but Moonys in a hole other league of abuse. just showing him what its like.

just dont judge me mate :down:[/quote']

Ha, funny guy. I solely respond to you in the way in which you respond to me. These comments from you are totally useless as your opinion has been poisoned by your naive refusal to accept criticism.

Ha' date=' funny guy. I solely respond to you in the way in which you respond to me. These comments from you are totally useless as your opinion has been poisoned by your naive refusal to accept criticism.[/quote']

im not makeing any comments on your music, im just being a dick to show you what its like. nobody likes it, no one thinks your cool and it dosent earn you any respect. and mate im never a dick to you unless you start it. and i accecpt criticism, Tell me, find one post where you say somthing constructive. then i will shut up :down:

look mate' date=' i dident call Mr Moon a dick coz of his music, i called him a dick coz of the really shity (and over the top) things he was saying about our music AND us personaly, HE IS A TEXTBOOK ASSHOLE. what i ment to say was "why DONT we leave our comments to ourselfs" because no matter how much we try and say "ok cool man, you dont like our music thats fine" he continues to slag, i dont even know this guy. i put up my music in here to get constructive critisim, not constant abuse. i was just showing him what its like to have someone not leaving you alone by being a constant dick. have you ever sen a post on our fourm by Moony? there pathetic and abusive. i enjoy hearing peoples opinions on our music, good and bad. but Moonys in a hole other league of abuse. just showing him what its like.

just dont judge me mate :down:[/quote']

You really don't do yourselves any favours; as Steve Irwin said, your whole band come across like a semi-literate circus troupe. I've yet to see you say, "ok cool man, you dont like our music thats fine". I've been doing some background reading, and you take objection to AmbientMood's posts and start firing abuse in his direction every time his fingers hit the keyboard. Despite your attempts to paint him as the sole bearer of blame, you seem to be at least as guilty as he is. If you were really as chilled out as you're claiming, you'd just ignore him completely. In fact, if he really upsets you that much, you could put him on your Ignore List, which would solve the problem entirelyhis posts wouldn't appear at all for you.

Ironically, wasn't it you that said, "but hay all comments are constructive comments"? I believe it was, you said it on this thread. You really are rather inconsistent.