aberdeen-music

Duran Duran at the brits

delboy

embarrasing old 40 somethings injected with botex and god knows what else playing irrelivant songs from over 20 years ago (apart from ordinary world which only 3 members of the original line up played on anyway)...

or

cutting edge pop band still making waves and still interesting even if they do have fake suntans and middle age spreads (especially nick rhodes).

i'm kind of half and half meself....

i just wasn't sure about them. i kind of got to thinking that the only reason they were there was to make 30-something women cream their pants. I thought they played okay and held it together, given their age etc., but i just kept thinking, what's the point? it's not like they're exciting, or dangerous, or outrageous... they're just... back.

thing is in the 80's at their peak everyone apart from their adoring fans hated them, for me you may as well have given that award to go west or spandau ballet though duran always had better songs, i'm a closet fan of their music but don't think they should have won that award, still after the spice girls won it a couple of years back, all credibility in a lifetime achievement award went down the toilet pan anyway, i mean bands like the stones and the who used to win it!!!

i actually prefer the post original line up material, 'notorious' 'big thing' and 'liberty' are cracking records imo...

Guest stuartmaxwell

this is the start of something i reckon, there will be a huge revival of the 80s n stuff

duran duran are ok, but didnt look out of place at the brits, if that makes sense

the brits programme was strangely compelling, even though i was shouting "shite" and "cunts" at the tv with intermittent sips of water

Originally posted by patrick boo:

Simon Le Bon looks like an Oompah Loompah if you have a widescreen TV.

He's also a serial groupie shagger, but only the ones who look like a young version of his wife Yasmin, apparently.

mmmm, Yasmin...

I thought the guitar solo in 'Ordinary World' was outstanding, but not in a good way, obv.

I SAW 20 SECONDS,THOUGHT"SHIT THIS IS LAME,THEY ARE GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS",AND TURNED OVER TO SEE INTERPOL LIVE AT THE NME AWARDS,he he eh,I love it when folk torture themselves watching crap,then gripe on here,wasting more of their lives,there is an off button,USE IT, and go and do something less boring instead.

Originally posted by Biz:

I SAW 20 SECONDS......there is an off button,USE IT, and go and do something less boring instead.

I saw less than that and quickly switched to my saved game of super monkey ball 2

much less boring instead

still cant resist the opportunity to say horrible things about fannies like the durannies

Bah!

*goes into state of sheer denial*

Nick Rhodes? Middle age spread!!! urgh... NOOOOOO!!!

Though yes... Simon does look orange.

PS: nothing wrong with blonde highlights... I have blonde highlights :(

Okay I admit that Rhodes is beginning to look a bit iffy. John Taylor is wearing the best... but I think they should all stay away from cameras soon... that whole age chestnut is getting to them. It's a sad day when I finally admit all this.

Can anyone suggest a replacement person I can be fixated with? Dated highlights and pretty pout are essential.

I'm glad to also add that I'm not a 40 year old man...

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

Okay I admit that Rhodes is beginning to look a bit iffy. John Taylor is wearing the best... but I think they should all stay away from cameras soon... that whole age chestnut is getting to them. It's a sad day when I finally admit all this.

Can anyone suggest a replacement person I can be fixated with? Dated highlights and pretty pout are essential.

I'm glad to also add that I'm not a 40 year old man...

how's about yourself candi being a synth meister? i think rhodes should be the next series of celebrity fit club...

Duran Duran had fantastic music.

And yes Del.. I am now passionately in love with myself.

I'm the only other synth meister I know that can carry off the pout and dodgy highlights so well.

I'm too good looking for all this negativity.

I should go on celebrity fit club... but I'm not famous enough.

I'd still do Rhodes though. He still has a few alright years left in him yet. Just provided he doesn't get that shit centre parting hair cut again.

I thought they were alright actually.

Given the fact the guitar solo in Ordinary world almost made me jump behind the sofa and cover my ears I thought they were only a bit rough round the edges.

It's all good, quality pop music but...........wait according to C4 Cliff Richard is the greatest pop icon just because he's sold the most records.........oh dear