aberdeen-music

doris/mavis want a girl!!

doris/mavis

doris/mavis want a singing girl!!

Doris/mavis are a pop band in the vein of deerhoof, enon and stuff. We want to make people freaky dance. If your a girl come sing with us. All members have been in bands for many years and have lots of gig experience in various cities around the UK. Bands include Masamune, Copy Haho(Politik), Project Ven-hell aswell as a brief stint in the Martha Dumptruck Massacre from New Yoik. E-mail dorismavis@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested or you can get me(i'm gav) on a phone with the number 07890436705. Tanks.

doris/mavis

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neil ex

There's a couple of chicks, (both widowed ;)) called Doris and Mavis that come into my work in the morning for a couple of softies and to 'pay the papers'. I'll ask 'em for ya. They think I'm a nice young man and they can also do a nice little dance with a cane, but not for too long..! :up:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
... We want to make people freaky dance. If your a girl come sing with us. ...
Must be a bit of a nutjob

As you haven't specifically said you need someone who can sing well ...

... would a nutjob who can't sing for toffee (chocolate might do it though :love:) but wanted to make freaky people dance qualify ? :girl:

I can do good screaming if provoked, but I suspect that's not the ambience you're aiming for :band::rockon:

Basically we just want to have a great time playing fun music. Screaming , laughing, saying random words that don't make any sense..these are just some of the noises that we like. Neither of us can sing either but we try to anyway. Will try to get some tracks up on myspace soon and you can check them out and see what you think.